“My Stay at Travelodge”

Travelodge El Cajon
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Federal Way
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I wont stay again, nice town and there is a best western down the street that is much nicer. Because i went through expedia i wont get any reward points. Expedia sucks also for putting me in this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have been staying here on and off dice October 2011. The staff is very friendly and personable. Hemali the manager is very sweet, caring, help and intelligente.
I enjoy staying here

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Before I begin, I admit that I have stayed at this Travelodge a few times before. Yes, there used be problems, as described in previous reviews. But I have to say,the current owners have dedicated
themselves to completely changing and improving this property. The New, Clean and Renovated Rooms are Great! And at the good nightly rates (compared to other hotels in the area), I was pleasantly surprised. The Newly done Rooms have Fresh Paint, Brand New Carpet. Upper & Lower Crown Molding, Brand New Beds! (I know it was Brand New cuz the Furniture company just installed it as I was checking in), Marble Window sills..etc... From the way I remember the Rooms at this Hotel... It was like Night & Day... I am impressed (and that's not easy to do!).
They have also Renovated the Parking Lot Hardtop, it looks much better. The Swimming Pool (which, at my previous stays frightened me, it was dirty) is now Crystal Clear. I think I am most impressed by the Service. They were Nice, Happy, Professional people.... I can tell the Owner (who lives on site) is now dedicated to Improving and Renovating the Property. I also noticed they will not Tolerate Druggies and Homeless to Loiter. Fact: It's not a Hilton.. But this place has done a Big 180 degree Turn. They are still Improving. I Really like what I see. The Rates are still Great... I will Definately Stay here Again.. And for the First Time, I would Recommend to a Friend... Good Job El Cajon Travelodge!

• Stayed May 2012
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The clientel they let stay here is scarey to say the least. The place is old and run down. The rooms are clean and decent. I was not happy with the noise andtraffic at the property.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Horribile Hotel Room!!!! Parking was horrible, didn't even have any spaces available in the lot, we had to park across the street. When we told owner/manager we wanted a refund he said no and gave us attitude. Once we get into the room it was tiny, and looked dirty! The bathroom is a tiny hole in the wall, we were even grossed out to take a shower there! We did not even sit on toilet, was old and stained! The air conditioner didn't even cool the room! After getting about 2 hours of sleep because I felt so uncomfortable there, i finally wake up to the noise of water running through the pipes and the neighbors talking....the walls are very thin as well! I don't think I'll ever stay at a Travelodge again after staying at this location!!!! Now I'm paranoid of having bed bugs after reading all these reviews! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME STAYING HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I just recently stayed here couple of days ago for the night and I reserved the room through Hotwire and paid $56 for the night. We checked- in at night & their front desk to check- in was outside. Can you say Ghetto!? They had scary druggies just chilling outside their hotel rooms. I asked for a double bed but he said he would need to charge me $10 more, so I just stayed with a king. When we got to our room, it smelled like mold, the lock of the door was broken (someone must've broke in before). The walls isn't even pleasible to look at because there was holes everywhere. Bathroom windows had a little crack. Let's just say it looked like I was in that movie Vacancy. I didn't felt safe at all. The next morning, me and my husband had several bug bites so the bed do have bed bugs. If your allergic, then stay away. Based on my overall experience, I wouldn't stay here again. And $56 is way over priced for this nasty hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Relax Inn and Suites
Relax Inn and Suites
#6 of 15 in El Cajon

Been to Travelodge El Cajon? Share your experiences!