“BEWARE!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Las Vegas, NV
“BEWARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I just recently stayed here couple of days ago for the night and I reserved the room through Hotwire and paid $56 for the night. We checked- in at night & their front desk to check- in was outside. Can you say Ghetto!? They had scary druggies just chilling outside their hotel rooms. I asked for a double bed but he said he would need to charge me $10 more, so I just stayed with a king. When we got to our room, it smelled like mold, the lock of the door was broken (someone must've broke in before). The walls isn't even pleasible to look at because there was holes everywhere. Bathroom windows had a little crack. Let's just say it looked like I was in that movie Vacancy. I didn't felt safe at all. The next morning, me and my husband had several bug bites so the bed do have bed bugs. If your allergic, then stay away. Based on my overall experience, I wouldn't stay here again. And $56 is way over priced for this nasty hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lakeside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

I have stayed there 2 times, not my favorite place to stay, but it is cheap, clean and the family who manage this complex is very nice. Both times I stayed in the same room. It was a good size room with micro and refrigerator. The problem with this hotel is that everything is very aged, including the sheets (which looked clean, but discolored).. The parking lot is very small and difficult to find parking late at night.
I have Cricket mobile service and at this hotel and also the Travel Lodge in Barstow I lost service when inside the room, but worked ok out of the room.
It would be nice if this hotel could be upgraded and nicer because I would gladly pay more for nicer. This is a very low budget hotel ran by a very nice family

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before check-in
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

My company has a lodging company that books us rooms and this has to be the worst hotel in san diego. The front desk was lost in the sauce. The bathroom is a tiny lil square and they have two beds in a small room so you have to squueze pat your bed to get into the restroom. The breakfast is a joke. And i could go on forever but the last thing i will say is its only worth it if you have no other choice otherwise dont stay here for the price alone

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights after booking on the internet.........less than $50 a night for a room sounded ok for us who were on a budget.

Checked in and it was clear the place was run by an Asian family as there were aromatic smells coming from behind the reception. The reception girl was friendly enough and gave us our room key.

We took our luggage and went in the room which over looked the car park on the 1st floor. The room looked clean and the bathroom was not too shabby.

However on closer inspection the sheets were a bit tatty and the room could of definatley done with a lick of paint. Breakfast was included and consisted of what seemed 1yr old Frosties as they were black. The fresh croissants however were very nice along with the OJ.

The location was not perfect because we were visiting San Diego on a budget.....but we had a car and an 15 mile drive was accepted. The area however was very run down and I locked my door as soon as I got in the room. There seemed to be a lively group of youngsters who lived in different rooms. They just hung about all night....all morning...they never seemed to work. We were very cautious to the fact the rooms did not have the best security.

We did not use the pool but saw it and it looked like it had not been cleaned out for a while.

Overall....its cheap......I lost my faith with the brand Travelodge until I tried the one in Palm Springs which was completely the opposite.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pacoima ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

I Stayed in room 118 and the bed closest to the very very very small bathroom was sunken in. You can hear the springs popping as you toss and turn on the uncomfortable mattress. The air conditioner would not cool the room completely. The closet was spacious for everyone's things. The kids LOVED the very deep pool ( 8 Ft).. Good Idea to bring your own towels because there towels are small. and the 30 min. commute to Sea World is not bad...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

My partner and I were travelling around California had booked this hotel after staying in a superb Travelodge in Palm Springs, unfortunately the 2 hotels could not possibly be compared. We arrived to see the pool empty and it looked as though it had not been in use this year. We checked in at the front desk and were given a key to a room which could only be described as `the pits`. The room smelt stale, 2 walls had plaster work repairs showing which had been painted over with a completely different coloured paint, one of the repairs also had packing tape in a cross over the repair. There was a standard light which had no shade on it. We went to the front desk to complain and were given the key to another room. I have to admit this one did smell better but the shower tray had tiles missing. We returned to reception to say the rooms were not acceptable and asked for our money back as we had made a credit card payment over the internet, I haven`t had my bill yet but I hope this has been done. I cannot believe that Travelodge are prepared to be associated with this hotel

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2009

Room was full of cockroaches. I refused to stay there. Went to the office and told them why. They said they refunded my cc now 2 weeks, still no money. Travelodge customer care is a joke, and won't help help. I will never stay at a travelodge again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
BEST WESTERN Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Relax Inn and Suites
Relax Inn and Suites
#7 of 14 in El Cajon

Been to Travelodge El Cajon? Share your experiences!