“Quick Business Trip - Wonderful Stay”

Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Palo Alto
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Visited the Four Seasons for a quick business trip to Silicon Valley. The hotel left me breathless. The hotel staff greeted me at the door and they were extra friendly. My bed was so comfortable and the room was spotless. It was luxury at it's best. The wifi was good too! I ate breakfast downstairs in the morning and it was delish!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I traveled to San Francisco for our 10 year anniversary in August and decided to stay outside of the city so we could mix sightseeing and relaxation. That decision was second best to staying at the Four Seasons in East Palo Alto! The location was close enough to San Francisco to drive easily in the car, and within walking distance to beautiful Palo Alto.

Even better than the location was staff. Cesar left a very sweet note and dessert in our suite (the note, food, and room each blew us away). It was the perfect welcome after a long flight across country. The room service was perfect. The staff was very helpful in suggesting and arranging different activities for us. Our anniversary trip became more of a second honeymoon! THANK YOU Four Seasons and Cesar!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited this hotel over the labor day long weekend, stayed here for two nights, and had a good time. Here are the pros and cons based on my observation:

Pros:
* Wonderful bathroom. VERY clean as well. There is a small (14") LCD TV in the bathroom so you can use the bathtub and watch TV at the same time
* Great location - very close to Palo Alto downtown and right off highway. The setting is a big weird though, as it is next to office complex (University Circle).
* The standard room has DVD player which you can bring your own DVDs if you don't want to watch movies on demand (around $17 per movie).
* Bose bedside radio / alarm clock
* Has mini fridge (but stuffed with a lot of drinks already) - not much space if you have your own food
* Nice children-friendly swimming pool (3.5 to 4 feet deep), and the best part is - it's heated to around 85 degrees (I think)! So kids love it!
* The staff generally speaking are quite nice and friendly.
* The bed is very comfy.

Cons:
* The "standard" room seems to be a bit on the smaller side. We have been to many of the 4~5 stars hotels here in SF Bay area for family retreat and I have to say the standard room is really not that big.
* TV - almost no HD channels. Com'on it's a 5 stars hotel!
* The swimming pool is a big small - probably only good for children.
* The fitness center is also a bit of a disappointment. The treadmills are "TechnoGym" which is a semi-professional brand i think - not comparable to professional or commercial grade of equipment.

Room Tip: 10th floor (top floor) suites might be a good choice as you could have bay view in some rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location (adjacent to the freeway) of this hotel at presented some concerns for me as I could see it just as I exited the freeway. My first thought automatically was that it would be very noisy and that I would not get a good night's rest. My second thought was that it was in East Palo Alto, not as nice as Palo Alto so should I be concerned about security? I am happy to write that my fears easily dissolved the minute I approached the turnabout and saw that it was flanked by four nice, large office buildings. Bellhop and valet quickly approached and greeted me, and immediately I knew that I was at a Four Seasons as to be expected. From that moment, everything fell into place nicely. Check in was quick and easy and they gave me a ninth floor room which had great views of bridges to Fremont and further on.

The room was very spacious, modern and clean. The bathroom was gorgeous and massive! It also had a small flat screen against the vanity wall. Deep soaking tub, large stand up shower and really nice finishes complete the beautiful design of the bathroom. The barn style sliding door was a nice touch.

As for the bed, I slept like a log. I'm so glad I stayed here and will return the next time I'm in town. Close to downtown Palo Alto and Stanford Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Request higher level floor to avoid view of freeway
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The usual high standard of the Four Seasons brand slightly out of town next to the freeway but very modern with friendly young staff. This hotel has a real buzz with the bar and restaurant full of people enjoying themselves. Great cocktails. Also a super warm outdoor pool and jacuzzi with thoughtful touches like suntan lotion and after sun provided with the iced water and towels. Spa facilities look great but no time to try them.
Has some amazing artwork. Check out the sculptures in the restaurant by a Japanese artist depicting the four seasons. Amazing!
Ideal for business and leisure travellers as so near top company offices and Stanford University campus.
I could have easily enjoyed a week s holiday here but sadly was on business.

Room Tip: They are all soundproofed with views over the pool or the bay. One of the quietest I ve ever slept i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You will be well received. Never waited for reception or doorman, etc. Room is modern, attractive, and comfortable. Restaurant is good, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Easy to get to the gym. Warm water. Rooftop pool is a delight and their food is from the same restaurant. Room is quiet despite the traffic near the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First off, ill just say, if your looking for the old stuffy version of the four seasons.... this isnt the place for you. But if you looking for modern luxury... the look no further !!!!

Upon check in I know we were going to have a lovely stay :) We arrived after a very long trip, with another 2 long days filled with business meetings ahead of us but as soon as we walked up to the check in desk and we were greeted by Mercedese... I immediately felt at ease, she was a breathe of fresh air :)

We chose this hotel because of its status in the American Express Fine Hotel & Resort program and I must say that it was probably the best customer service I have ever recieved. Mercedes was very warm, helpful, accomidating and really made sure we had a wonderful stay ahead of us. She offered us upgrades to the suites they had available, but we never felt obligated or pushed... and we did upgrade, and the deal was unbeatable and the suite was fabulous !

Hotel was wonderful, very nice, clean, modern and luxurious. The spa scrambled to accomidate me on my last night for a facial, many thanks to the esthetician who stayed late for me... 5 stars service !!

The restaurant manager made it a point to make sure we had a great expreience and was very genuine and friendly... Food and wine was delicious ! Quattro must be a hot spot in the city for happy hour because it was very busy both nights. But no worries.... hotel guests get preferential treatment in the dining area... once again 5 star service !

We originally were planning on venturing out to the city to get a feel for it and try another restaurant our last night, but after a long day of work, coming back to the four seasons and dining at quattro just felt like home :)

I didnt experience much of what the city had to offer, but I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the area. It is truly one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a while !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto
Rosewood Sand Hill
Rosewood Sand Hill
#3 of 11 in Menlo Park

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto? Share your experiences!