“Upscale facility in odd location”

Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Palo Alto
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location (adjacent to the freeway) of this hotel at presented some concerns for me as I could see it just as I exited the freeway. My first thought automatically was that it would be very noisy and that I would not get a good night's rest. My second thought was that it was in East Palo Alto, not as nice as Palo Alto so should I be concerned about security? I am happy to write that my fears easily dissolved the minute I approached the turnabout and saw that it was flanked by four nice, large office buildings. Bellhop and valet quickly approached and greeted me, and immediately I knew that I was at a Four Seasons as to be expected. From that moment, everything fell into place nicely. Check in was quick and easy and they gave me a ninth floor room which had great views of bridges to Fremont and further on.

The room was very spacious, modern and clean. The bathroom was gorgeous and massive! It also had a small flat screen against the vanity wall. Deep soaking tub, large stand up shower and really nice finishes complete the beautiful design of the bathroom. The barn style sliding door was a nice touch.

As for the bed, I slept like a log. I'm so glad I stayed here and will return the next time I'm in town. Close to downtown Palo Alto and Stanford Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Request higher level floor to avoid view of freeway
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The usual high standard of the Four Seasons brand slightly out of town next to the freeway but very modern with friendly young staff. This hotel has a real buzz with the bar and restaurant full of people enjoying themselves. Great cocktails. Also a super warm outdoor pool and jacuzzi with thoughtful touches like suntan lotion and after sun provided with the iced water and towels. Spa facilities look great but no time to try them.
Has some amazing artwork. Check out the sculptures in the restaurant by a Japanese artist depicting the four seasons. Amazing!
Ideal for business and leisure travellers as so near top company offices and Stanford University campus.
I could have easily enjoyed a week s holiday here but sadly was on business.

Room Tip: They are all soundproofed with views over the pool or the bay. One of the quietest I ve ever slept i...
Reviewed August 19, 2013

You will be well received. Never waited for reception or doorman, etc. Room is modern, attractive, and comfortable. Restaurant is good, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Easy to get to the gym. Warm water. Rooftop pool is a delight and their food is from the same restaurant. Room is quiet despite the traffic near the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First off, ill just say, if your looking for the old stuffy version of the four seasons.... this isnt the place for you. But if you looking for modern luxury... the look no further !!!!

Upon check in I know we were going to have a lovely stay :) We arrived after a very long trip, with another 2 long days filled with business meetings ahead of us but as soon as we walked up to the check in desk and we were greeted by Mercedese... I immediately felt at ease, she was a breathe of fresh air :)

We chose this hotel because of its status in the American Express Fine Hotel & Resort program and I must say that it was probably the best customer service I have ever recieved. Mercedes was very warm, helpful, accomidating and really made sure we had a wonderful stay ahead of us. She offered us upgrades to the suites they had available, but we never felt obligated or pushed... and we did upgrade, and the deal was unbeatable and the suite was fabulous !

Hotel was wonderful, very nice, clean, modern and luxurious. The spa scrambled to accomidate me on my last night for a facial, many thanks to the esthetician who stayed late for me... 5 stars service !!

The restaurant manager made it a point to make sure we had a great expreience and was very genuine and friendly... Food and wine was delicious ! Quattro must be a hot spot in the city for happy hour because it was very busy both nights. But no worries.... hotel guests get preferential treatment in the dining area... once again 5 star service !

We originally were planning on venturing out to the city to get a feel for it and try another restaurant our last night, but after a long day of work, coming back to the four seasons and dining at quattro just felt like home :)

I didnt experience much of what the city had to offer, but I highly recommend this hotel if you are ever in the area. It is truly one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a while !

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons Silicon Valley in August 2013, and it was fantastic! Only a 5 - 10 minute drive to Stanford University, and much nicer than other area hotels I've stayed at, such as the nearby Sheraton. The Four Seasons had large rooms, that were very quiet. The rooftop pool was wonderful -- heated to a very warm temperature, and lovely for getting in some evening exercise before my meetings. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything about this hotel was first rate - the room, the staff, the service, the breakfast, and the easy location to get anywhere in Silicon Valley. We didn't need room service after 2:30 am so didn't have that complaint. Between 7 am and 1 am the place was fantastic, and up to the standard of any other Four Seasons property we've ever visited.

We would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Service is poor, rooms are basic. May be it is very American, i dont know; i dont care. The worst four seasons experience ever. Nothing which makes you feel special. Plus, there is no room service After 02.30 am.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank anilimo
Four_Seasons_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Our team is passionate about service and dedicated to creating loyal relationships. We were disheartened to learn that we did not make a personal connection, or create a memorable experience. We also are disappointed that you were unaware of our 24 hour room service service,

Our Hotel Manager would enjoy having the opportunity to personally reach out to you to learn more about your experience and share your specific feedback. Please let us know the best way to reach you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
The Westin Palo Alto
#9 of 27 in Palo Alto
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley at East Palo Alto? Share your experiences!