“One of my favorite restaurants”
Review of Monte Vista Inn

Monte Vista Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Dutch Flat
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Livermore, California
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Monte VIsta Inn is a charming restaurant with excellent food and service. It has a long heritage of serving travelers for over 60-70 years. The restaurant is always decorated with great care for each season or holiday. We've eaten here regularly for years, and the food is consistently very good. They bake their own home made pies and they have a huge selection. Weekends they have musicians playing in the living room that are always good and not too loud.
They're located at the Dutch Flat exit off of interstate 80. I would highly recommend eating here when you're traveling through.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Rick P

Sacramento, California
“A great halfway between pit stop”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We go up the I-80 to North Lake Tahoe/Truckee a few times per year from the Sacramento area. The Monte Vista is right off the Freeway about halfway between Sac. and Truckee. A super cool place with lots of log cabin/ ski lodge charm.
We sat at the bar and had Sierra Nevadas on tap and noshed on Sweet potato fries and Calamari(surprisingly really good given the no anywhere near the ocean location). Next time we make the trip there is a "Kitchen sink burger" that looks really good, I think it is something that is so big that it should be split with someone else as equally as hungry.

Totally worth the stop.
Cheers

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank kellybike
Weimar, CA
“A gem in the country!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

You will be surprised by how great this experience will be in this out of the way spot!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Marty M
California
“Happily Surprised”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Happily surprised. The six of us loved this mountain flavored roadhouse built in 1929. I'd bike by it many times and a couple of times peaked in a window to see if the place was still operating. The Monte Vista is open 7 days a week from 5 P.M. The bar opens earlier on weekends. I think 3 P.M. It's a 40 minute drive from our home in Grass Valley. What convinced me to visit the Monte Vista and take my friends is a conversation I had with a woman who lives in Dutch Flat near the restaurant. I asked her if she'd ever eaten there. She said, "Many times and the food is wonderful."

We loved the woodsy atmosphere. Our server was top notch. The menu had a wide selection ranging from sandwiches to sea food, pasta, steaks, chops, and prime rib.

My wife had the parmesan crusted snapper. I had beer battered shrimp with a petite steak. Another person had St Louis Style Ribs and I forget what the others had. Everyone was very pleased with their food. The prices for full meals ranged from $16 to $25. After dinner a tray of wonderful looking desserts was brought before us. We bought three to share with the group.

The atmosphere lends itself to intimate conversations with good friends. If it wasn't for the 40 minute, the Monte Vista would be our "go to restaurant" when we wanted to grab some great food in a warm, cozy atmosphere.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank BeachWizard4U
Sacramento, California
“Exceptional meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We luckily stopped in this secret little gem by chance. Service was wonderful, the food exceptional, and the decor amazing. It was still decorated for the Christmas season,( we were there Jan.4th.) and it was very well done. The food and service were the true highlight though. I had Beef Wellington that melted in your mouth. All my friends loved their meals too. Service was friendly and attentive. I can't wait for my next trip to the Sierra and the Monte Vista Inn.

• Visited January 2012