“Very Impressed!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
Florida
“Very Impressed!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I were been traveling for a few weeks when we decided to go to Mt. Shasta. We ended up in Dunsmuir a laid back relaxed town. I checked here with trip adviser and read the reviews. Starting with the worst first. In reading them we decided to give the Dunsmuir inn and suites a chance. The area is wonderful. Though every once in a while you hear a car go by, it is very peaceful! I will miss those place when we go back home!!! The management is supper nice. The room's are clean. Yes, some of the stuff is out of date. To me that doesn't matter. I look for good service, rest and comfort, not whether they have the best floors or comforters!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Susan K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in Dunsmuir Inn and Suites for 4 nights. I was thrilled that I was able to come in at 1:45 A.M. with no trouble, due to my flight arrival time in Medford. The proprietor was very nice upon arrival. I found my room to be spotless! The bed was extra comfortable, and I had a coffee maker, with coffee, a fridge and a microwave in the room! The room was quiet and cool, with excellent temperature control. The owners offer continental breakfast in the morning, and stay to chat! They were lovely! I liked the shower the bathroom and found the TV to have every possible channel.

Room Tip: I stayed in 218 and will request it next time I'm in Dunsmuir, be it business or pleasure.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wingnut53
Beaumont, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I highly recommend the Dunsmuir Inn while staying in Dunsmuir. I am not an expert on hospitality accomadations but I have spent quite a few days in Dunsmuir at different Inns and motels. I have stayed at the Cave springs, the Acorn and the Cedar Lodge to name a few. I even know the name of some of the owners of these accomadations. Over the years of my visits The Dunsmuir inn is the most consistant in quality, and hospitality. The only reason I don't give the Dunsmuir inn a Five point rating is because it's an older facility. Please don't misunderstand me they have fresh paint carpet and flat screeen digital televisions. But if you must have newer rooms I suppose you could stay at the Oak Tree but prepare to spend more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe W
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my last overnight stop on a recent road-trip to Portland. I had been looking for a quiet and highly rated property anywhere between Klamath Falls and Redding (but not Redding itself). There is not a huge amount to choose from, at least based on other reviews. Oh, I should add in that I didn't want to spend a fortune! After much consideration and research, I found that Dunsmuir Inn & Suites Hotel would best suit my needs. Turns out, it was perfect.

Years ago, I had stayed somewhere in the Dunsmuir area and was kept awake most of the night from the staccato sounds of...are they called jack brakes? The sound of trucks using these brakes (maybe they're air brakes?) to help slow 'em down on the rises and dips of I-5. Anyway, THAT was my biggest concern for this stop. Fortunately, it was never an issue. I don't know if it's the distance from the highway--you're close, but not so close that highway noise is any sort of problem. A good night's sleep was easily had here!

The owners are very upbeat and courteous. Check-in and out were both a breeze. I asked about the local brewpub and got a good recommendation. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. There was only one coffee packet, but as it makes enough for the 4-cup in-room coffee maker, it was perfect for me. I found it odd that the coffee "extras", i.e. creamer, sugar, stir stick, were outside of any packaging. It was mostly the stir stick that concerned me.

Overall, a very decent place to lay one's head for the night! I'll be back.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor. The walls are somewhat thin, but noise was never really an issue. I did...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DannyBoy831
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during a July 4th group excursion to Mount Shasta. The proprietor was pleasant and helpful. Our room, however, needed some TLC with water stains on the ceiling and little bugs crawling on the floor. We only stayed one night so it didn't really bother us. The shower head was awkwardly situated so it sprayed everywhere but the water pressure was strong and refreshing. Overall, it was a convenient place to rest for one night while visiting Mount Shasta.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Management is great. Friendly people with lots of knowledge of the area. Room includes microwave and refrigerator. Affordable and neat. Good continental breakfast. When I go to Mount Shastha again, this will be the place that I will be staying. I will recommend this place to my friends that's staying in the Mount Shastha area. Thank you so much for the great service.

• Stayed May 2013
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

the hotel is well located in Dunsmuir, easy to find from the interstate and close to amenities. The management is friendly, accommodating and they seem to run their business with integrity. Well appointed rooms for the price and very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brian c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
Best Western Plus Tree House
Shasta Inn
Shasta Inn
#6 of 9 in Mount Shasta
McCloud Mercantile Hotel

Been to Dunsmuir Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!