“Don't let the color fool you.”

Dunsmuir Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dunsmuir
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location and facility. Run by the nicest people you can imagine and very professional. At first I was a little turned off by the outside color scheme, but that aside my 2 week stay to re-locate my disabled brother from So Cal was perfect. The rooms are very comfortable and kept up to high standards daily. Continental breakfast was minimal, but good and I even got personal service one morning when I got there too late. As I didn't have an end date for my stay I was worried there might be a problem, but as it turned out, no worries. Even when I had to get a room for my brother on the spur of the moment, again, no problem. The room I was in was very nice in fact one of the two best I stayed in my whole 6 week trip. Bathroom and shower excellent. Bed and pillows just right.Though just off the main avenue, it was remarkably quiet, comfortable and quick access to town made it the ideal place. The rates were excellent too especially with AAA discount.
I will definately be staying there again next time. Thanks DI&S.

Room Tip: Upper rooms a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Spent total of 3 nights here (night #1 as a walk in and then nights #2&3 a few days later -- i.e. I came back as a return guest) before and after a Mt Shasta summit trip which has morphed into a few days of fishing nearby rivers (McCloud and Upper Sacramento, among others). Overall extremely satisfied with the quality of the room (size, amenities) and, in particular, the cleanliness of the room. Pride of ownership shines through with the clean exterior look and landscaping as well. Locationally, this is truly the closest hotel in town to the historic district (a short walk away) which was helpful to me since I spent quite a bit of time at the Dunsmuir Brewery! (also recommended for lunch and dinner). Breakfast was very adequate and served early which was good. Quality management here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I found the Inn and Suites to be comfortable and a convenient place to stay. Located in a charming small town with interesting spots to enjoy a meal and a lovely walk through town. When I discovered the next day, several hours down the Interstate, that I did not have my diamond watch, I called the Inn and Mawin, the Manager went to the suite I had stayed in and looked until he found my watch on the floor by the bedside table. He went that same morning to the Post Office and had it sent to me by Registered Mail. I can't say enough about the service and the integrity of the (not sure if they are owners or managers) of the Inn. I will certainly go out of my way to stay there again if I am in the vicinity. The area, of course, is spectacular.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 587ColleenK
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Check in was a breeze, even though we were later than planned. The room was warm and clean and the bed was comfortable. Pastries and orange juice at the check in office were always waiting for us.
Asked for dining info and ended up at a micro brewery in Dunsmuir. Good burgers and popcorn halibut was excellent. the beer was good as well.
Easy freeway access and parking was not any issue at all.
This is not a five star an inclusive resort, but it fit the bill for us. A microwave, mini coffeemaker and mini fridge in room.
There is a train that comes through town, just part of the Dunsmuir experience.

Room Tip: We prefer a second story room. Warmer in winter, no noise from above.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mountndream
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent 4 or 5 days at inn & Suites few weeks ago and I was very impressed with price/ quality of the place!
I normal spend some days on that area to ski @ Shasta and normal I stay in Mt. Shasta city but always lacks the part of lodging because the hotel are not that great and they charge always $100 or more per night.
This time we stayed in Dunsmuir 8 miles south and the place was clean, nice hot water showers and the price was $79.00 and I really liked!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here during the super busy July 4th weekend.. Bunch of us were riding our motorcycles and this was one of the cheapest places we found.

Nothing fancy.. Rooms were old-ish but were good enough. clean bathrooms, wifi had some issues at times and I had to walk around to get a "good" reception spot.

Dunsmuir is a little town right by I5. The charming old town and it's cafes and restaurants are few minutes of walking away. Things do shut down early and if you end up here late night, you may have to drive around and look for a fast-food joint or whatever the little "deli" serves near the gas station.

Unless you want to stay down south in Redding for better hotels or up north in the town of Weed, this is your choice.. If you are planning to explore Mt. Shasta area, this is a convenient place to stay.

Last stayed here Stayed here in July 2008

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We were heading through this beautiful area and needed a place to stop as t was getting late. This is a quirky little town and the motel style accommodation is what you might expect. No frills, nice people, a good bed and although just off the Interstate 5 there was no traffic noise. It may not be a destination, but if you find yourself in this beautiful area and need a place to stay at a fair price it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Maybe plan to have breakfast at a local cafe.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunsmuir
Best Western Plus Tree House
McCloud Mercantile Hotel
Swiss Holiday Lodge
Swiss Holiday Lodge
#5 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Dunsmuir Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!