“Busy, excellent cafe”
Review of Cornerstone Cafe

Cornerstone Cafe
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Dunsmuir
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our family owned mountain cafe takes pride in serving hearty and healthy breakfast all day and lunch after 11am. We use the freshest and most flavorful ingredients possible to create our, mostly from scratch, full menu. We offer many vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. We source Willamette Valley fresh eggs, applewood smoked bacon, New Mexican green chile, Prather Ranch beef and Kennebeck potatoes. Our fresh baked muffins, scones, cinnamon rolls and pastries are perfect to grab with a coffee or latte! We grind Peet’s beans for our complete espresso bar. Whether traveling on I-5 or enjoying the beauty of the north state, we hope you drop by for a visit.
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I happened to be in Dunsmuir on Fathers Day for breakfast and we went to the Cornerstone based on recommendations that we had received. It is located on the main street of town, but that was closed off for a soap box derby. We ate in an outside seating area and our meal was interrupted at times by watching the soap box racers going by. I had the traditional eggs benedict and it was the best one I have had in along time (I order it often when I am traveling and going out to breakfast). The poached eggs were just right - soft but solid whites and running yolks. The Canadian Bacon was nicely thin sliced. The save was goon and plentiful and the hash browns was nice and crisp. My wife had the bacon waffle and liked it as well. This is a cafe and not much of a bakery -- the baked goods were few in number and semi-hidden in a small case in the rear of the eating area. As a cafe, I would definitely record it highly.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I ordered omelets and both very good. Cinnamon rolls are good and for $3 a steal. Family of 4 the bill was $50 with tip.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The cornmeal cakes are cheesy and delicious, eggs just right. Delicious bakery goods and decent coffee, great view of the street from large clean windows.

1  Thank Pilgrim2
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I hope to go back here... their nut burger was the best vegetarian "burger" I've ever had; it came with a wonderful green salad. My partner raved about his beef burger too. Wonderful, friendly staff. Currently only open till 2 PM.

1  Thank Saganorth
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The atmosphere and food were fantastic! It was a great and unexpected experience given the size of Dunsmuir. When we are in that area again we would go in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Kathy S