“A nice surprise”

Cyndi's Snowline Lodge
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was nervous when I saw the initial pictures of the place and thought that perhaps I might need to drive further. I was looking for someplace for several nights to stay close to a camp nearby. It was a pleasant surprise. If I hadn't read the previous Trip Advisor reviews, I wouldn't have risked it, but am really glad I did.

OK - Here are the basics.
*Breakfast is free, and simple. The one morning I ate, it was a yummy waffle and juice (coffee was available.)
*The room, including the bathroom was super clean.
*The bathroom appears to have recently been remodeled the shower was great - good pressure and very clean tiles.
*There were no bugs anywhere in my room, and I inspected!
*The location was great for what I needed.
*The staff is very friendly and helpful.
*If you like a firm bed, you would love this! I would guess the bed I slept on was almost brand new as it was very firm.
*I would guess that most of their guests are passing through so they weren't used to refreshing with new towels, toilet paper, etc. I did have to ask for more toilet paper. On the last night, they asked me if I needed new towels. Every other day, or mid stay would have been helpful.
**Note: There isn't an outlet in the bathroom. There was one outlet that was accessible. And two that really weren't. I needed a three prong adapter for my laptop to charge, which they provided.
*There is no A/C, but although it was 90+ outside, their hallway fan, overhead fan, and open window made it no big deal.

Overall, a nice surprise and I will stay here again next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank pmjnmj

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The moment I pulled up to the lodge I fell in love with it. The look, the feel, the comfort and the quiet! I found myself many times during my visit amazed by how quiet, calm and still this place is.
The rooms are impeccably clean and the furnishings are so charming! Cyndi makes you feel
so at home- even brings you little treats - it was super hot and she brought around some thirst quenching watermelon! The staff is very accommodating - make you fabulous waffles, drinks, whatever you need. This is an amazing retreat away from it all - I even broke out my yoga mat to
enjoy the calmness of this place. I was sad to leave- I felt so comfortable there... I will be back!!! I highly recommend staying here and enjoying a super short drive to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park, what an amazing adventure!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

When we visited Kings Canyon we booked this late on the Web as it looked kind of quirky but had good reviews. We drove past it on the way to the park and from the outside wondered what we had let ourselves in for. No worries! Robert showed us to our room and we were bowled over, it was beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Had the Hotel to ourselves until the other 3 rooms were taken but no noise at all. Fridge and Microwave on porch for our use but put your name on anything you leave in it( One of the other guests thought our water was a free hand out from the Motel) Although there is no mention of it when you book they supply coffee and Waffles for Breakfast so an added plus.Really friendly Motel which we would recommend to anyone. And Kings Canyon is AWESOME

Room Tip: Take plenty of pictures, your friends wont believe it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank John B
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was such great place to stay. Be advised, it is quaint and no-frills, certainly not fancy, but they have everything you need. The rooms were clean and comfortable and we loved that they had a common area with bar, couches, television, and fireplace that was kept burning constantly by the diligent staff. The common area was a great place to meet other guests, build puzzles, and to enjoy the delicious, complimentary waffles in the mornings. Don't expect luxurious linens or marble countertops, but do expect a memorable, unique, and friendly experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

What a find! This is like visiting your favorite aunt or grandma; warm and homey. The rooms were spotless and the setting is so peaceful.
Cyndi is a great hostess and Robert makes delicious waffles . . . and Roberta does such a nice job of making beds!
Very hospitable and friendly folks. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have an outdoor balcony with tables, microwave and fridge. Perfect place for morning...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prestonmf1
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Super fun and friendly place. Not your usual clinical motel, this place oozes character and makes for a brilliant nights stop over on the way to sequioa and Kings canyon. Cindy and Robert are brilliant hosts as is the charming canine mascot 'lucky' . And the icing on the cake.... Some delicious waffles for breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed two nights here in April. The rooms were clean, showers hot, and the decor one of a kind! Our hosts, Robert and Cyndi worked hard at making our stay memorable. We played games and watched movies in the public living room; the fireplace there makes the room cozy. We were invited to help ourselves to beer or wine and to just keep count and we did. Robert makes complimentary waffles for breakfast. We were served outside in the warm sunshine fresh coffee and waffles with fruit. The next morning he surprised us with coffee on the second floor balcony and our waffle breakfast there. It was wonderful after coming from our long cold winter.
First drive up impressions are a little rough but this place is a gem, just sightly unpolished.

Room Tip: Second floor is nice because the balcony is a really sweet place to drink your morning coffee.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bendaco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunlap
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
The Branded Calf B & B
The Branded Calf B & B
#1 of 1 in Squaw Valley

Been to Cyndi's Snowline Lodge? Share your experiences!