“Best Mother's Day Outing”

Hana Japan Steak House
Ranked #14 of 178 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Bay, Ca
“Best Mother's Day Outing”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went here for the first half of my Mothers'- Mothers' Day weekend. Great food, great atmosphere and great service.

• Visited May 2012

Oakland CA
“We Enjoyed It”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I know Hana Japan has had some terrible reviews, but we went there because they give a $23.95 credit for a birthday dinner and I wanted to have some teppanyaki. My daughter and I brought her three children (6, 4 and 2). The two older girls seemed to enjoy both the food and the "entertainment." I thought the food was very tasty. I got the filet mignon, my daughter got the salmon and the girls got shrimp. Everyone was pleased with what they got. You also get soup, salad, rice and tiny appetizer.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank GinOaklandCA
Dublin, California
“A Junior Benihana's”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The closet Benihana's is in Concord. This is the next best thing to it. Simple, easy, and very close to home.

Visited January 2012
Oakland, California
“Don't waist your money on this unsanitary place”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This restaurant was really in bag shape. My family and I went to eat at this restaurant the other night. They had water all over the floor in the back and I over heard the staff say that this happens quite frequently. I saw some food drop and get put back on a tray. The chef we had burned my sons cheek when he messed up a trick with his knives. Living in the Bay Area , I know that you could find a much better place to eat.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Tova01
milpitasca
“Horrible - GO ELSE WHERE!!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had a gift card to use and I took my 4 year grandson here for lunch. It was dark and we were 2 of only 4 dinners. Clue 1!!!. The chef tried to put on a little show, but that was terrible also. He spoke no English - just grunts. Even the 4 year old wasn't in the least impressed. Food was pretty bad. As other reviewers have stated there is a strange smell in this restaurant. Do NOT go here. It is really bad!!! It is nothing like a Benihana restaurant !!!

• Visited July 2011