“Local Favorite”

Ranked #1 of 190 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family owned and operated cafe. We began as a bakery and over the years have added our love of great homemade food to our menu. Each location has a bakery, complimentary homemade chips and salsa bar, and complimentary fruit infused water. We make everything from scratch, just like we cook for our kids at home. Try our pancakes, the crepes, the Belgian waffle, or any of our favorites and meet the amazing people that work with us to ensure we are spreading love one meal at a time! With love, Denica and James Freitas
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been going to Denica's since it's early days in Dublin, when you would always ask to go to "the place on Dougherty with those amazing cookies". It has been wonderful to see Denica's grow from a small cafe-type place to the bustling, well-established dining venue that it is today. I see a lot of reviews about the cookies and breakfast but, let me tell you, I frequent Denica's for the lunch, especially the salads and soups!
A long-time favorite of anyone who was raised in Dublin... this place will NOT disappoint, just try to go on off-hours to avoid the crowd and a better chance of getting lots of bakery samples!

2  Thank tarylish
Denica F, Owner at Denica's Real Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are happy to be your favorite go to spot in Dublin! We are happy to see that you have grown with our cafe and experienced all that our business has offered over the years, but it is amazing local guests that make it all possible! We appreciate your support and we will see you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! :) Best, Denica & James (Owners)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love this place and go at least once a week. Their baked goods are outstanding...it is also fun to stand in line and sample the goodies while you wait. Their breakfasts are outstanding...good variety of breakfast burritos, waffles, pancakes, omelets and benedicts. For lunch they have all kinds of sandwiches, soups, salads and burritos.

Hello Karen! We are so happy to have you as our guest! We are glad to be your go to spot for delicious breakfast and lunch items! We enjoy giving out the free samples while you wait so that our guests can figure out what really hits the spot! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best, Denica & James (Owners)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My sweet tooth has been in high gear the last few months. We made the mistake of going into Denica's one Sunday afternoon. (I say mistake because now I'm craving them cookies all the time). The first time we went in I did a bee line to the cookie counter. They ALL looked so yummy so I ended buying one of each. I was consumed with getting "them cookies" that I didn't notice anything else. When we checked out, I turned around and noticed that they were putting chairs on top of the tables. I asked the cashier if they were getting ready to close? She said actually they closed 30 minutes ago, but it was OK since no food had to be prepared. She NEVER once gave me the impression that they were closed, so hurry and chose, and get out of here. She was warm and friendly. A few weeks ago my husband got up early and snuck into Dublin to get his sleeping wife some of "them cookies". When I got up I noticed this big blue box (like a Tiffany's box) sitting right next to my computer !!!! Ah, I've got the best hubby in the world...he knows what I like :) He bought me one of the big cinnamon rolls that I've heard about but always got there too late in the afternoon. It was still warm...oh heavenly ! I've tried most of the flavors of cookies now and I have to say I think the chocolate chip cookies are my favorite...you just cannot beat a good old chocolate chip cookie !! My second place winner is the peanut butter oops !! (The oops is that someone put chocolate chips on top of my peanut butter cookie). OK so no doubt about they are really great cookies...taste homemade....and that is because they are homemade. They make them all fresh every day with fresh ingredients and without any artificial flavors. So they taste like you made them yourself in your own kitchen and they also treat you like you are home visiting family. Everyone has a smile on their face and you can tell they really enjoy their job. Just look at our VISA bill and you would see we've been "hittin'" Denica's hard for a lot of "them cookies"

Denica F, Owner at Denica's Real Food Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

High gear sweet tooth! Ut Oh hehe! We are glad that you enjoy the cookies so much! That was so nice of your husband to get you the cookies in the morning. We take pride in baking our cookies and baked good fresh to have the best homemade taste. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we appreciate your business and recommendations! Best, Denica & James (Owners)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my favorite place to go for breakfast! The only problem I ever have here is deciding which delicious item to order. Everything I have ordered has always been delicious, fresh, and made from the highest quality of ingredients. I have also had lunch here, and it was also great, but I am a breakfast person and prefer to order breakfast when I go to Denica's. An added bonus is that they serve breakfast all day!

Hello! We are so happy to be your favorite breakfast spot. We know it can definitely be a tough decision sometimes on what to order here! We are glad that you experienced lunch as well, but we thank you for your recommendations and your kind words! Best, Denica & James (Owners)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here is definitely worth the wait and the average price. Even though it is always crowded, and it is sometimes a battle to find a table for a moderately large party, Denica's is my go-to breakfast spot (I think they would benefit greatly from expanding their dining room). Service is always quick and presented with a smile. And the baked goods are to die for (they are very generous with their baked goods samples). I'm obsessed with eggs benedict and they have a variety of them. Every time family or friends come into town, I take them to Denica's!

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are glad to be go to breakfast spot! We take pride in our dedicated and friendly staff. We are happy that you share all the treats Denica's has to offer with friends and family! Thanks again. Best, Denica & James (Owners)