“We'll Definately Return”

Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at Hyatt Place because of its close proximity to friends in the area. The staff was welcoming and the lobby looked as good and high-end as our room. Loved the room because it resembles a suite and that's great for the money. Breakfast was just ok.

The hotel is situated in a shopping center - which isn't bad if you want to walk for food or coffee.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We travel quite a bit. I'm getting around to finally contributing back to the TripAdvisor community, whose opinions on which I base all of our travelling decisions. The Hyatt Place in Dublin is hands-down one of the BEST hotels we've stayed in. We're not 5-star resort people and very rarely stay in 2-star motels (if we can help it). We paid less than $100/night and got an immaculate room, excellent customer service, and just an overall amazing stay. We were in town for a wedding in Pleasanton and rather than stay in some expensive boutique hotel in Pleasanton, we stayed here, just 10 mins away from the wedding site. We checked in on the kiosk (just to try it out), ordered food from the bar and kiosk in the breakfast room, hung out by the pool for a bit, and enjoyed the details of the room. The room I could go on and on about... These rooms have amazing floor plans. There's a wet bar (with an actual "wet" sink), separated toilet/sink areas, and even something as insignificant as a little wall between the bed and sofa that makes the room seem like a mini-suite. Very spacious room, but not necessarily because of the actual square footage! The lobby/eating areas was inviting and almost lounge/restaurant like, that allowed people to place to hang out. Location can't be beat; in a little mall center with shopping and restaurants, a supermarket down the street. a quick hop on the freeway to get anywhere. Breakfast and afternoon snack food was excellent, front desk/waiter/chef all rolled into one person was so great! The only complaint I have is that wifi didn't work very well on the 6th floor, but was super fast in the lobby, of course. I'm a new fan of the Hyatt Place collection!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myteem
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We took a weekender to ride our bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge. We drove and arrived at the hotel around 5AM. The Front Desk offered that we check at any time before 3PM. I thought that was a friendly gesture, considering that I wanted to sleep in past noon.

The room was extremely clean and well put together. We stayed in a King Size Suite. Everything was so cozy and the room temperature was just right. It was one of the best sleeps I have ever had at a hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Customer service and cleanliness are very important to me. I was surprised to find that both were excellent in this hotel. I usually have to shell out a couple hundred at Vegas to receive this kind of service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2011

All you need for business. Neat rooms and nice breakfast with good coffee. Practical with Internet. I would return anytime.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is our 2nd stay at a Hyatt Place, so we have a basis of comparison to the one we first stayed at in Roseville, CA. This hotel is located conveniently in a shopping plaza, which has a movie theater, several restaurants and nationally known stores like Best Buy, TJ Maxx and Barnes & Noble. We stayed on the 4th floor facing the shopping plaza, and we did not hear any external noise.

Our room was clean, albeit a bit tired looking compared to the first HP we stayed at. So I'm not sure how long this specific property has existed. The standard features were all here, such as the wet bar, sofas, and desk. The internet connection from our room worked perfectly, and the flat panel TV featured a good selection of channels.

I don't recall whether the first HP we stayed at featured a separate heating/cooling system, but the unit my our room was a bit noisy, especially when one of the double beds literally borders next to it. Since it was very hot, the units struggled to keep up, but this is not a knock on HP as every hotel would be cool challenged.

The beds were alright... slept on much worse ones in other hotel chains. Parking was a bit full like someone alluded to in an earlier review. At least it is free and there is adjacent parking for the shopping plaza.

Housekeeping did their job well when they did. However, we did not get service on our last day of our stay, and I think there was a miscommunication as we clearly placed our "busy" sign back inside the room before leaving for a late lunch (around 1pm). Our request for fresh new towels were met promptly, but it would have been nice to have a call asking whether we wanted housekeeping service or not.

The Hyatts are still my favorite hotel chain, and I would not hesitate to stay at this HP when I'm visiting the Bay Area.

Room Tip: A room facing North would mean a view away from the shopping plaza, but you may get street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Great place, really nice folks, spacious rooms for a good price. Free & easy local shuttle. Use BART to go downtown San Francisco or to the airport. Free parking! Next to a shopping complex. Good pool. Free breakfast. Love the white ginger soaps. Free internet and document printing in business center. I would certainly come here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Service is extraordinary, rooms are spotless as if I was paying $500 a night. Price is decent for area and Hyatt. Hyatt Places have replaced Marriott's Fairfield Inn's for me, when available.

Room Tip: Not near the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#3 of 6 in Dublin
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton? Share your experiences!