“Hyatt, practically perfect in every way.”

Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, California
“Hyatt, practically perfect in every way.”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Service is extraordinary, rooms are spotless as if I was paying $500 a night. Price is decent for area and Hyatt. Hyatt Places have replaced Marriott's Fairfield Inn's for me, when available.

Room Tip: Not near the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I'm a Hyatt fan and stay as often as I can but I can't recommend this one in Dublin, California. The Hotel just had a bad feel to it. The room smelled but I was too tired to deal with it. I had to park in some shopping mall parking lot. It felt more like the local hangout and then a Hyatt Property. I wondered why the Hyatt in Pleasanton was booked full and this one had plenty of rooms...now I know why.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
HPDUBLINAGM1, Manager at Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Dear TYOTP,

From the moment of your arrival we missed several opportunities to meet your basic expectations. It is always our goal to make sure that every room is ready when you arrive. We have been very thorough with room inspections every after guest checks out to maintain it's freshness and I will also bring this to the attention of Miriam Ruiz our Housekeeping Manager and make sure this will be a priority. Our mission is for our guest to have lasting positive memory of our hotel. Although we have some challenges with parking. It is also great to hear that you are a loyal Hyatt patron.

We look forward seeing you again please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you for any future stay.

Thank you again for your comments and feedback.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 4, 2011

As in most places in CA, you need a car to get here. It's in a great area with tons of amenities like restaurants, shops, movie theater, and spas all within walking distance or a 2 min car ride away. It may actually take you longer to find parking than to ride in the car.

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place and we were all impressed. Pictures made place seem dark, but it was really cozy. Great intimate, brand new, and immaculate lobby. Lobby contains coffee/snack shop, breakfast area (w/ microwave), and some great areas to hang out. I wished we stayed there longer and had time to chill.

Rooms were larger than expected. When you enter the room there is a huge modern sectional couch w/ ottoman, frig/wet area, and desk. Large flat screen swivels and across from it is a partial divider to separate the living and sleep areas. Nice toiletries and they even provided toothpaste. My luggage did not area till the next day. The front desk called us after we had checked out and we turned around to pick up the luggage.

We all plan on staying at Hyatt Places again. We were all impressed.

Oh, and around the corner is an OMG good Chinese restaurant called Koi Gardens that has the most awesome dim sum. There is also several other good Asian places in that plaza including all you can eat sushi and bubble tea shops. Massages are ridiculously cheap in that area. The place in the plaza charges $30 hr!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasonton is a very good place to stay with piece of mind, next to freeway, clean & green and awesome views from the room. I enjoyed my shopping statying here as it is just next big shops like Best Buy, Old Navy, Babies RUS and many more. More entertinement with Regal IMAX theatres which are also just next to this hotel. Nothing but important I enjoyed wide varities of food as many restaturants like Mexican, Thai, Indian etc as these are very close by. I will again prefer statying there during my next visit as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is a nice, comfortable, clean hotel with friendly staff in a safe area. It's adjacent to a large outdoor shopping center that has plenty of restaurants, shops and even a movie theater, all within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Anyone who's stayed in a Hyatt Place hotel will feel right at home upon walking into the Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton -- the hotels in this fairly new Hyatt chain are nearly indistinguishable. That's a good thing, though, because Hyatt has gotten this concept almost exactly right. As with any other Hyatt Place, you'll get a big room with a comfy sectional sofa, a big flat screen TV that's easy to hook up to your laptop or media player, a nice work area, and a comfortable bed. Rooms here are clean and fairly quiet. As with other travelers, I'm annoyed by the older, noisy PTAC air conditioners in most Hyatt Place properties, but these weren't loud enough to cause me any difficulty sleeping.

The property is located at the back corner of a shopping center; though that doesn't sound like it, it's a quiet location, and extremely convenient to the freeway. Staff is pleasant and helpful. Continental breakfast and internet are included in the room rate, and both are adequate; hot breakfast items are available for a fee. Parking in the main lot is a bit tight, but you can park a little further into the shopping center without trouble -- and the fountain out front is a nice touch.

As a Hyatt Diamond member, the staff here has always placed me in a quiet room on a high floor. (However, my Diamond amenity points have never posted properly at this or any other Hyatt Place property -- a source of continuing frustration.)

The Thai restaurant in the shopping center -- I can't recall the name -- is pretty tasty.

All in all, a very good hotel in a very good location, assuming you need to be in Pleasanton (or Livermore -- the hotel's nicer and better priced than the options further west).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I loved my stay here and wished I could have stayed an additional day. Ok, picture this:

Great Flatscreen TV - with ALOT of channel options
Stylish/comfortable Large Couch
Foyer with a wet bar (sans alcohol)
Huge Bed
Bathroom area that couples would fight over (because it is just so warmly stylish)
Breakfast included in a stylish kitchen that included various cereal options (including
fruitloops! I love fruitloops--don't judge me
Outstanding Customer Service - I equated this experience to going to a private home
Next to a nice mall that included Regal Theatres (This was a large Regal)

From the time I checked in to check out, this was a wonderful experience. I stayed on the second floor and the only pet peeve I would mention would be that the ice machine was on the third floor; which meant I have to schlep my way one floor up--boo hoo. Not a deal breaker at all. This property was like a stylish condo building....and I was ready to move in.
The business center (2 pcs) was nice, although minimal the speed was fast with a worker color printer. In the lobby was a bar next to the check in area....the designer of this property should get an award--I felt it is perfect for singles, couples, young, old...everyone. Really quiet---I couldn't hear anything other than that spectacular HD television...hey I'm easy to please...and Hyatt really pleased.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
#7 of 14 in Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#8 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton? Share your experiences!