“Look no further!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Look no further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are staying any where near the Dublin area look no further! As a PC member I stay at a ton of Holiday Inn hotels and this one tops them all! Not for best of show when it comes to rooms, it's an older hotel but the customer service more than makes up for the lack of sparkle! The staff at the front desk was awesome! Angel made sure everything I needed was taken care of from minute one! Rosa and the crew in the restaurant are my new best friends! I have a particular dietary restriction, Rosa made sure my needs were taken care of before I even arrived at the restraint at 630 am and never felt like I was a burden! They are awesome! They take care of you! and if it is not listed as an amenity or on the menu! They won't hesitate to accommodate!

• Stayed March 2013
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear DiabloVerde00: Thank you for your compliments. We hope to be of service to you yet again should travels bring you to the tri-valley.

Regards,

Paul Munyasia CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Auburn, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Regular Holiday Inns (non-Express) tend to be a mixed bag. This one is definitely a very good one.

The service, cleanliness and amenities are more along the line of a Holiday Inn-Express.
Rooms are on the smaller side and there is no free breakfast. Has a nice pool and adequate fitness room. A full-service restaurant and bar is a definite plus. Food is above average.
Location is a big plus, as it is close to restaurants, shops and other traveler needs.
Price is a very good value for a metropolitan area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building, which will be closer to all the facilities.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Len T R: I appreciate the candid review of the property. And you are right; being a full serbice Holiday Inn we do not have the breakfast bar; but our restaurant offers a great selection of items at reasonable pricing-Glad to read that you found the food to be 'above average'.

I am happy to read that you found the amenities and the location convinient enough; and the pricing, good. We hope to be of service to you again should your travels bring you back to the tri-valley.

Best Regards,

Paul Munyasia, CHA
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've found Holiday Inn's are hit-and-miss. But, If you find yourself near Dublin, CA, looking for a nice motel with a very pleasant staff, this is it. It's three stories, interior halls, free wi-fi, decent restaurant and bar (but surrounded by very good restaurants) and relatively quiet at night. The rooms are good sized, modern and have the amenities that'll please both men and women. The beds are the Select Comfort brand so you'll be comfortable after you play with the controller. I'd go back.

Room Tip: Check out the outstanding restaurants in the area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Early111: Thank you for your wonderful review of the property and its amenities; which pretty much sums everything up about the hotel. We are glad that you found your stay to be satisfying. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs, and we look forward to your next visit.

Yours in hospitality,

Paul Munyasia, CHA
Red Bluff, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels and motels in my career. Whenever I am in the East Bay, I will only stay at the Holiday Inn - Dublin. The staff is great from top to bottom. They are always very courteous and helpful. Whenever I ever need anything, they are there at a moment's notice. The front desk group is always great. They make me feel right at home. It is the only place all of my co-workers and myself will stay. We love the location and especially the staff. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Always a great time and I will never stay anywhere else whenever I am in that area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We actually stayed at this location a few times however the first time we had a few issues that were minor but because there were several they caused a major inconvenience for my family. However, even though there were issues the first time - I could not get over how amazing their customer service was. I did mystery shopping for several years and know that impeccable customer service is one of the main reasons customers return. As a mystery shopper we had been taught that customers will always remember how they are treated over anything else and in this situation this statement was very true. While I believe that if I was conducting a mystery shop this hotel would have received a few low marks in some areas I also know that in other areas they would have passed with exemplary remarks. It was for this reason that I decided to give this location a second chance. After speaking to Sione Tupouta the manager it became apparent to me why his staff was "courteous, attentive, and understanding" as he himself invested a great amount of time making sure that he could make up for the inadequacies of my previous visit.
Our second visit was extremely memorable! Sione Tupouta went above and beyond his duty as a manager to make us feel comfortable and to take care of our needs. He provided us with an amazing upgrade. My husband and I were taken aback by how amazing the staff was - AGAIN- they know how to treat people. Every staff member we encountered greeted us with a smile as well as a greeting. We also interacted in great detail with Bryant Mitre who was also a courteous individual who went above and beyond his duties to make sure we were comfortable and had what we needed. I can't tell you enough how we will continue to return to this location. I recommend it to everyone I speak to as you cannot get more genuine than this location. We also walked to Starbucks and Burger King nearby and felt very safe. Thank you Sione and Bryant for all your dedication to your customers!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

MY CAR WAS BURGLARIZED TWICE!! This is an older Holiday Inn in an older neighborhood. It sits on a dead-end street alongside the freeway with an old bowling alley on one side and a massage parlor on the other. I stayed there 5 nights this time and every night I saw thugs and gang/hoodlum types standing around outside. What bothered me the most is that in some cases the hoods were talking and laughing with hotel employees. When I stayed there last April my car was broken into and I lost several hundred dollars worth of property. Then when I satyed there in January of this year it happened again. And to make matters worse, the hotel managment would not make any effort to make it up to me in any way. Pleasanton and San Ramon are both nice areas that are nearby. I suggest you stay there instead.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tim E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Tim E,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
los angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

=>Nice lobby
=>Driving distance to some good restaurants
=>Lots of parking

=>No curtains in my room, just plastic slats
=>A floodlight shone into the room all night and kept me up - I told the front desk while checking out and they only said it "must be from the bowling alley" - no apology or anything - they're probably used to people telling them that - put up a thick curtain guys!
=>The towels looked old and less white, one had a hole in it
=>The toilet seat was peeling/cracked in 3 spots
=>The bathroom sink drained very slowly and bubbled like it was blocked
=>The bed wasn't sleepnumber although the keycover said it was
=>The pillows were sort of lumpy but it could also be my general exhaustion that made me feel that, I should give this hotel the benefit of the doubt there. The mattress pad was slipping about a lot - possibly because I was tossing and turning all night trying to sleep in a lit up room despite the slats being as shut as they could be.
=> The heater was really loud
=>Dont they generally provide a coffee table in these rooms in front of the sofa? Well there was none
=>This seemed like a dilapidated motel that they've tried to freshen up - old furniture, old carpets, old feel to the place - not what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn franchisee.
=>I stayed in the building across from the lobby, maybe the main building is better? I wonder where all the good reviews are coming from?

Room Tip: Rooms in the building across and facing away from the lobby are too bright at night to be able to sl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank traveller3675
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear traveller3675,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the room conditions are troubling and will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
Pleasanton Marriott
Pleasanton Marriott
#4 of 14 in Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Pleasanton Inn
Residence Inn Pleasanton
Residence Inn Pleasanton
#5 of 14 in Pleasanton

Been to Holiday Inn Dublin? Share your experiences!