“great location nice amneties”
Review of Holiday Inn Dublin

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stay there for 4 nights. I got a room in the executive section. It had a bed where you select your firmness. The hotel had a few perks for pc members. The internet was slow most of the time, they need to work on this. The hotel is close to food and shopping. The room was clean but a bit small. They took care of your every need.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, and for being a PCR member. I'm pleased to read that you felt well taken care of and liked the proximity to off property amenities. I want to apologize for your experience with our internet speed, as mentioned. We want to look into and address any connectivity issues as mentioned in your review. Should you want to share more in detail, please email me directly at your convinience.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the tri-valley area.

At your service,

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Looks like a lot of recent renovations. Clean. Near Restaurants and bowling alley. Comfortable office chair to work at desk in room. Sleep number bed better than most firm beds found at many hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paula P

Thank you for your feedback. And you are right; we have recently refreshed our rooms and public space. I'm glad that you also enjoyed your select comfort bed.

We look forward to having you here again, should you travels bring you back to the area.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My stay at holiday inn was a life saver! I had been in California for about a week and was truly not satisfied at the hotel where I was staying. A business associate recommended te holiday inn in dublin california and it was truly a blessing! Th ammentities and the location was next to everything I needed for a pleasurable stay! I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel. It is good to read that you enjoyed the property, and the amenities that it offers. We appreciate your business and hope to be your hotel of choice yet again.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Nice clean hotel, great, friendly, efficient service. Nice area, good security and two nice restaurants next door. I can't even think of a complaint.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnDublin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I would also like to thank you for being a friend of the brand. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and its good to read that we achieved that .

At your service,

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Hotel didn't excite me, but was OK for the business trip.

Sleep Number bets worked well enough and were comfortable, something to consider if you need the adjustable mattresses. Room seemed reasonably clean, except for that toothpick that was on the floor when I arrived and that I left in place to see if it was ever cleaned (it wasn't). So, the overall room and cleanness ratings are down a notch from where they could be.

Heat controls are confusing; as best I can tell, the control unit on the wall has nothing to do with the room heat, but functions as basically a thermometer; I had to find the controls on the wall heater, where I could turn the heat on and off and adjust the temperature up or down.

I tried the hotel restaurant for breakfast once, but one greasy omelette was enough to persuade me to go to Starbuck's or Panera for breakfast (and there are plenty of options in the area, so it's not like you're trapped with hotel food!)

Elevators felt a little rickety, but not unsafe or even unsettling. I actually like to take the stairs, but it took a couple days to find them - if you're paranoid about evacuation routes in an earthquake, you might want to spend fifteen minutes or so just hunting for the alternative exits.

One major annoyance for me was the wireless internet - half the time my laptop could see a good strong signal, but the service's logon page just clocked. I pretty much gave up on trying to even check email from the room.

However, internet worked OK in the business center the one time I used it. Just be sure to delete browser history, temporary files, cookies, etc if you're concerned about that sort of thing; it didn't appear previous users had done so and I'd guess the hotel doesn't have the browsers set to do so on exit.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NotASurfer

Thank you for choosing our facility and taking time to review the hotel.

I would trully appreciate the opportunity to engage with you directly and review some of the concerns brought up in your feedback, and also hear what we could have done differently to make your stay more memorable, and beyond 'Meh.meh'.

Please reach me directly at 9255747101.

Your friend in hospitality,

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 11 nights. There are some really good points, but also major gaps. For the good points: The rooms are spacious enough with newer amenities - TV, furniture etc. They have Sleep Number beds that are awesome! The staff at the hotel have great customer service and friendly. The rooms have windows that open a few inches - always nice to have fresh air. The food at the restaurant is good. Be sure to ask for a room facing away from the highway. For the gaps: I was fortunate to have quiet neighbors. You can hear every bit of the walking in the room above and doors/hallway noise. The rugs need a serious cleaning. When there was a problem in the room, I had to call 3 times before someone finally came to resolve it.
Final thoughts: I booked this hotel on Hotwire for an extremely cheap price so I felt I got my monies worth. I would not pay full price for this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one not facing the highway. They have 2 buildings. And get it on the top floor...