“WE WILL ALWAYS GO BACK”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We travel to San francisco very often, and have always stayed at this hotel which is close to the bart and very accessible to San francisco.We love the staff, especially Arthur who is so accomodating and tries to always give us our same room. We love it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Janine B

Reviewed January 26, 2011

Decent rooms.
Furniture could use an update.
The bed and pillows are very comfortable.
Quiet hotel.
The breakfast was pretty horrible.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My brother and I had just visited San Francisco and were on our way to Yosemite National Park. It was nice to leave the city for a nice, quiet place to stay for the night and not have to struggle in the traffic the next morning. We had made reservations from Montreal, Canada based on AAA California Book. Really a wonderful experience: modern setting, spotless room and very comfortable beds. All the comforts of home! We had great service from the moment we arrived and help from the person at the front desk to find a place to eat. Breakfast on the house was a nice touch also!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The staff is rude and they put me in a noisy room facing the freeway!
They claimed to be sold out, but I highly doubt-Poor service!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I live a mere half an hour away from Dublin/Pleasanton (in Tracy, CA) but I had to be in San Francisco by 9:30 in the morning the next day for a meeting. So I wanted to spend the night near the closest BART station (rush hour traffic problems are fairly common out here). I considered this hotel and the nearby Hyatt Place, but since this stay was on my dime, I decided to save about $10 and go here. It was just fine -- I can't imagine that the Hyatt could have been any better. I hadn't made a reservation and just showed up around 9 pm on a Monday night. The desk guy was very cordial and actually went and checked out the room he was about to give me before he handed me the key. It was nice and clean and quiet. I had a wonderful, albeit short, stay. An added bonus -- there is an IHOP right next door that stays open fairly late and I managed to get dinner there. Sure enough, there was a freeway disaster that closed all lanes of 580 at Livermore the next morning (the thing I had feared that had motivated me to stay in a hotel in Dublin in the first place). Instead of having to stress about having to get to SF from Tracy with the main road completely closed, I could just calmly drive to the BART station less than 5 minutes away. It was well worth the money. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AprilChilde
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Ex Holiday Inn Now La Quinta.
Hotwire.,com sells this hotel at as a 3Star Hotel.
Well, its a 2.5 star.
Got in and asked for a NonSmoking room. the response was, Well since you booked on Hotwire, you get what we give you. No sorry, no sort of any nice tone in the voice, You Get what we give you.
I was not aware that this hotel had an entire HALF (left half) of the hotel designated as SMOKING. (usually it is a floor or 2 not Half the hotel.
To make things worse, to get into the Gym/exersize/pool rooms you have to go thru the stinky hallway of the SMOKING Section. Bad Planning.
Asked for a late checkout and this was the response, ""ALL I AM OFFERING IS ONE HOUR" . stern non friendly etc
Customer Service is a JOKE at this hotel.
Had to run the fan on at all times in the room and have the window open to escape the stench of the smoke that permeates the room.
Horrible Horrible Horrible.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SouthMauiGuy
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We were enroute from SFO to Yosemite and wanted a place to spend the night between, so we wanted somewhere quiet, cheap, totally ON the way and preferrably with some decent shopping options so we could pick up a few things we could not pack.

Choose Dublin and that worked out well. Ended up picking this LaQuinta because it was the only reasonably priced room that did not have BAD reviews. Well, it had no reviews because it must have been a Holiday Inn literally days ago. You can still clearly make out the logo on the building, under the temporary La Quinta sign.

The furnishings and decor were almost all new. Although hints of worn Holiday Inn items did peek through (yellowed and dated light switch for instance). I found the decorating to be crisp and modern, the linens of excellent quality, the mattress, carpet, shower curtain, all clearly were new. The shower was shockingly hot, as we came to find all the showers in CA, I'm guessing there is no law like we have in PA about water temperatures. The front desk was pleasant and "real", although we did not really ask a single special thing of them. Parking was convenient, right out front. We were on the first floor, room 125, the room faced a back parking lot. The breakfast was excellent, waffles as promised and a pretty large selection of other items including eggs and bacon and what not. The breakfast area was its own area (not just in the corner of the foyer), with plenty of seating and was clean and bright and invited lingering. Our room was very quiet - we were there on a Saturday night.

We found everything we needed and then some at the nearby malls, there is just about every store you could want. One warning, this hotel is a touch outside of the busy part of town. You would not be walking to anything but an IHOP. I think perhaps the majority of their guests are in town for the several large corporate complexes that are very close to the hotel, perhaps that is why it was so quiet on Saturday.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
#3 of 6 in Dublin
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
Larkspur Landing Pleasanton
#9 of 14 in Pleasanton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pleasanton at the Club
Extended Stay America - Dublin - Hacienda Dr.
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dublin - Pleasanton? Share your experiences!