“Inconsistent”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place has been around for years. When I first moved here from San Francisco, my pizza bench mark was very high. Everyone told me to try Frankie.... I did, and I have for the last 12 years. BUT...they have always been inconsistent. Their general food menu is very good and tasty, but I come here for the pizza. I hate soggy pizza and that is what has happened here a number of times. When they are on, the edge crust is crunchy, the meat is cooked perfectly, and the middle is cooked to perfection. So it's like rolling the dice, you win some, you lose some. One more thing, they are very expensive for pizza.

1  Thank onebreakfast

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stopped in with two friends to catch an "after the game" meal. Nice people. Nice service. And, a menu with much variety. Obviously very popular with the neighborhood folks!

Thanks to Mauricio for the nice serice

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Based on the high reviews, we decided to try this place. For us it didn't work out so well.

The wife always likes pasta dishes and asked for one with any kind of seafood in it. Surprise, there isn't any. In fact, we couldn't think of a single restaurant that we ever visited which didn't include some form of seafood pasta. Thumbs down from the wife.

We also tried that sausage bread that a couple of other reviewers were raving about being so good. Hmmm, well, our dog loved it.

As for my dish, the Eggplant Parmigianas was just so so for me.

Staff is nice, friendly and fast.
The room ambiance reminded us of a Denny's restaurant. Not saying that is bad, just isn't going to be a place for a romantic dinner. Also sort of loud in there.

Overall, we thought it was just ok for us.

1  Thank Glen H
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I like to go here a few times a year. We always order the sausage bread appetizer, it is amazing. I personally love the Caesar's Fantasy salad or the Lasagna. He hubby really enjoys the Shrimp Alfredo. Big plump shrimp. We usually do not have desert because we are too full for it.

The service is always excellent. Everyone is friendly. The food is prepared quickly but it is always good.

If you have a chance to go here, then you should.

1  Thank vacationsalot
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great family food. Love their pizza. Great place for a family meal and their Italian food is very good.