“Surprisingly good dim sum”
Review of Golden Sand Harbor

Golden Sand Harbor
Ranked #49 of 179 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I visit recently on Sep, 2013. And the dim sum is surprising good after the change of management. The waiting takes ~15-20 mins, but worth it. Price slightly cheaper than Koi Garden which is also located in Dublin

1  Thank Agatha Y
There are newer reviews for Golden Sand Harbor

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The dim sum was just as good as the best places in Oakland and San Francisco, heavenly. Everything was fresh, plump and perfectly flavored. After living in Contra Costa for over 13 years, I am just thrilled that the kind of food I had as a child has made it's way over the Bay.

The newest trend of dim sum is not the rolling carts but you fill out a 4 color printed form, choosing the dishes you like. I never liked the rolling carts because if you had a poorly placed table, you got all the leftovers and unpopular dishes. With the check form system you get exactly what you want.

Two more plusses - a large parking lot (although it was quite full by the time I left) and the public areas of the restaurant were very clean.

Get your dim sum cravings satisfied here!

1  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed September 29, 2013

They do have a menu of other food but we did the Dim Sum. Although there were some items we liked more than others, everything we tried was very good - we tried 8 different items. From what I could tell, it was very authentic. The person we were with thought they would bring carts around with the food on it and you could select but that wasn't the case - you just choose off a menu. What was nice is they brought one or two things to the table at a time so everything was fresh/hot.

1  Thank Bountiful-IA
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant twice back to back in two days but had widely different food so I have decided to rate it twice. My former review was based on an all seafood dinner. This time is about dim sum. The dim sum is excellent here. The quality is about as good as it gets. The service of the ladies pushing the carts is good. The other attendants doing tea, clearing dishes, bringing water and taking care of special order is also excellent. I saw nothing deficient on this front. I am not a local but visiting relatives that recommended this place highly. They are part of the local Chinese food congnocenti group. They know and I trust. Try it. Just plain good.

1  Thank kawidd
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant reflects the wealth and sophistication of the Chinese community in this area demanding top Chinese food with a touch of modernity and updating. The food is excellent and authentic taking clues from the trendy fashion of Hong Kong dining and transporting it to America. The seafood is top notch and super fresh. Preparing is exquisite and presentation is well above the normal Chinese places. Prices are reasonable with fresh seafood a bit higher. For dining for one, there is a combo platter with dozens of main course choices at $12.95. The service is attentive. Dessert of either red bean soup or mango pudding are included. Highly recommended as one of the best in the area.

3  Thank kawidd