“Great food! Service, hmmmm”
Review of Johnny Garlic's

Johnny Garlic's
Ranked #108 of 183 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food was excellent!!! The ribs, salmon, bacon wrapped shrimp were to die for. The menu has a wide variety which we really liked. The service, not so great. We went on a Monday, dining area was 1/4 to 1/3 full. After 15 mins. we went to the bar to get a cocktail. Had to flag the waitress if we needed extra sauce or had any questions. It's still up in the air if we would go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had the special without asking the price, and suffered a little sticker shock. The special was antelope on scalloped potatoes and green and wax beans. I ordered it medium well, and while cooked perfectly, I wish I had gone with the suggested temperature of medium rare. I ordered a glass of wine, the waitress did not know what paired well with antelope. She had to check, and I chose something else. My guest had soda, and refills were by request. My guest also asked to substitute his mashed potatoes for scallop potatoes, and we were told the chef would not do it.

The food was delicious, and the atmosphere fun and light. My only complaint was the service, definitely not what I expected for the price I paid for the meals.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

A great place for lunch with friends. I was not a fan of the garlic fries but the salad and sandwich I had were fabulous. A lot of unique lunch ideas and a good buzz around this place. Great location too in Hacienda Dublin!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a girl's lunch, there were 4 of us.

The service was good, selection had a few some interesting and delicious combinations of ingredients.

Three out of four of our meals were awesome. The applewood bacon wrapped shrimp with chipotle glaze was delicious, the salmon and shrimp quesadilla was very good and the garlic chicken was also excellent. The ony meal that was not up to par was the 1/2 pound French dip...the meat had a stale taste to it and also a lot of fat.

We did not order cocktails so I have no comment there....was really good but some items are a little pricey!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had been here several times because others like the menu. However, this visit we found the menu had been changed. The calamari (was the main reason we went) was changed and now was cooked with peppers which overpowered the main dish. Also, the burgers were burned. They seem to be wanting a party crowd as the music was so loud people could not think or talk.

The server really did not care. When we asked about the specials she seemed surprised and could not explain them. had to ask several times for anything we anted.