“Worth the wait”

Dining options: Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

After a movie we decided to stop for dinner before going home. The wait was said to be an hour but that wasn't a problem for us. Glad we waited. The cedar plank salmon was special as was the chicken parmesan. The California classic burger looked the size of California as my grand daughter tried to unhinge her jaw to take a bite from it, it was huge. She let me nibble on it and it was not only large but good. I chose the catch of the day and the halibut was prepared even better than I could have hoped. This is a great place to eat and when in town I am sure I will visit it again.

Visited March 2013

Tracy, California, United States
“Delicious food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Johnny Garlics on a Tuesday night close to 9pm so you never know what to expect when you eat so late. But we had a great server Melissa, who was very friendly and attentive and have us suggestions on what to order.
We had the coconut shrimp which was amazing as appetizer . Not many but they were very good! Also had the French onion soup which was the best I have ever had . My husband ordered roast beef sandwich which was exactly the "closer to rare" that he always asks for and rarely gets in restaurants .
There is a bar when you walk in and very large seating area. Very nice atmosphere but a little pricey but we enjoyed our meals .

• Visited April 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“This place is the best!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I absolutely love this place! Honestly, the food is some of the best I've ever eaten! I had the cedar plank salmon and it was perfectly cooked. It was slightly crispy with a delicious maple flavor served with garlic mashed potato's and asparagus. Desert consisted of chocolate cake with mint chip ice cream, so delicious! The service was fantastic! The bar has two big screen t.vs if you like to watch sports. Enjoy!!

• Visited March 2013
Dublin, California
“Nothing special”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went here after the opening. The servers were all over the place, very confused. It's nice when you can smell the food being cooked but this was too much. As if you were in the kitchen. Granted I think it's an open kitchen but it was too much for me. They need better venting system. They overcooked my meat and from there it all went down. It was hard to flag down somebody if you needed something. It is very close to my house but I will not go back. My husband agrees.

• Visited August 2012
Torrance, California
“Good Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

In the area on business, my wife and I stopped in for a mid-week lunch. After our last visit to a Johnny Garlic's, (a bad experience at the Roseville location), we were hoping for better at this location. Being seated by a large, not-so-friendly waiter, we thought, "Oh great. Here we go again." He even got less "happy" when I requested a window booth, rather than the table he wanted to seat us at. I assumed because it wasn't in his section -- and was pleased to find out that it wasn't. The waitress that we had was amazing... Friendly, funny, and very helpful. The food was much better at this location, also. My wife and I split the pepper-jack French Dip which was fresh and tasty. My wife also had a bowl of Cream of Artichoke Soup that was exceptional. Overall, a very good lunch and I would go here again.

1 Thank Bruinsmith

Been to Johnny Garlic's? Share your experiences!