“Location,location,location”

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Eureka, California
“Location,location,location”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Met a friend there for lunch today. Seated right away. Waitperson was friendly, knowledgeable, very engaging. She suggested a new appetizer and made the choice for my entree. My friend also. Appetizer was excellent. The Lobster ravioli's were "cold". I did not mention it, and ate them anyway. They were good. Foods rather pricey. I would still go back again. Why???? Great staff!!!

Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh My.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been to Johnny Garlic's twice since it opened. Food is good and different. I would go again. HOWEVER.... I just called to see if they're taking reservations for New Year's Eve or to see if it was first come, first served. The gal told me they were booked for the evening and before I could even say thanks, she HUNG UP. I don't care how busy you are. The call was at 2:30 PM 12/31/12, so I'm thinking the RUSH most likely hasn't started. Either way, even it is was, no restaurant is SO BUSY and HAS TO HANG UP ON A PHONE CALL, especially someone who "might" come back. I've worked in restaurants before and you just can't afford to do that to the owner. Too bad. Just my 2 cents.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ona B
Huntsville, Alabama
“No "Wow"”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

To me when you go to a "name" place like this you should expect something with a "wow" factor. We did not find that. The french-style onion soup was quite, possible "wow", but nothing else. We shared the calamari appetizer - just OK. My daughter had the bison meatloaf sandwhich, which was good. The garlic chips were OK, not very garlicky. I ordered their hunter special, venison rib chops. Sadly, they came out quite late and very under cooked (raw in middle). The few bites of meat I had were quite good with the reduction sauce. (Hard to find venison rib chops) The risotto was good, not great, but the green beans were quite good. (The manager did not charge for the dish) My daughter has been here several times without any issues, but it seems they have a staffing problem, not enough and not trained for the kind restaurant they aspire to be.

San Francisco, California
“Good Food but Expensive”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We arrived at 5:00 on a Friday afternoon without reservations and were seated right away--but the place filled up quickly. The menu is extensive, and there were plenty of things I wanted to try. But it's expensive. I had the California burger and was really pleased with it. The garlic fries were okay. Bartender did a nice job with our drinks, too. And our server was very attentive.

• Visited November 2012
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy hour has some decent cheap eats”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Was there not too long ago for happy hour before going to a movie. Got garlic fries, wings, and pan pizza. Not bad; garlic fries was VERY garlicky - yum! Great portion.

Only complaint - happy hours drinks were diluted. Couldn't taste the alcohol in the mojito; margarita was also pretty watered down.

Service - great! Server did a great job doing her rounds and making sure we're ok.

• Visited October 2012