“McNamara's mediocre Steak and Chop House”

McNamara's Steak and Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
McNamara's Steak and Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 190 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alcosta Blvd & Amador Valley Blvd.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nothing special here. The decor is attractive, the food is priced like a high-end steakhouse but it does not meet that standard and my service was less than I expected given the ambiance and prices.
There is a nice bar section near the entry with a happy-hour that was busy when I arrived shortly after 6 on a Tuesday. I was seated promptly a comfortable table for two.I was pleased for that service as I was alone. The hostess came by over 10 minutes after I was seated and took my order for a glass of wine as my waiter had not yet appeared. It took a long time before I was ever acknowledged by my waiter and this pattern was repeated. The service is best described as "inattentive."
My New York strip with peppercorns and Maytag blue cheese was cooked correctly and it was a nice piece of meat, but not great. At a price of $35 I expected more although it did include sides. Upon checkout the waiter made an error in my charge-card billing charging me $6 more than my actual dinner tab. I recognized it and adjusted the tip accordingly.

There is a huge selection of restaurants in this area. I think you can do better. I will not be back.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Cannot even describe how tasty, accommodating and wonderful this place is!!!! You must try it! A little bit more expensive, but well worth it!

Do try their ribs...so tender they fall off the bone....prime rib is also excellent..everything was awesome.

Service was top-notch!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was my husband's birthday and I wanted to take him somewhere special. The drinks and lobster bisque soup were good, however my salmon came out tasting a bit rancid. We sent it back and the waitress was kind enough to not charge us for that meal. My husband's meal was better, but you still can't beat the Victoria Cut steak at Outback. Both filet mignon, but Outback's is more tender.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Awesome steak dinner for the meat lover, but a little high priced. I still recommend this place!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is an excellent restaurant for service, steak and a special occasion. You need reservation and you need to bring an appetite as the meal is a match to the price... A bit expensive but a good steak generally is.. But you dont have to drive to San Francisco to get it.