“NOT WORTH THE MONEY!”

Matsu Sushi
Ranked #47 of 193 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Went here having read none of these reviews, wow what a mistake. My girlfriend and I came here and sat down. The waiter came up ever 2 minutes rudely interrupting while while we are trying to figure out their horribly designed menu. The waiter brings us some tea. We decide that we do not want to eat here because it is a minimum of $20 for almost everything on the menu and the portions look tiny. So we get up and leave. As we are getting in the car some random waiter runs up and say "So sorry your bill" and I ask "What you are charging us for the tea you brought us?" He says "Yes company rules." I let him charge it thinking whatever this is the worst day ever and he brings me the receipt for $5.43 for two freaking sips of tea he brought us...this place is a joke and a rip off. Don't make the same mistake I did, don't even step inside and you will be better off!

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I write reviews when I am pleased with restaurants, because normally they get reviews when things go wrong. However, Matsu Sushi Japanese Restaurant is just average. I have eaten sushi at restaurants around the country, almost weekly, for the past 5 years and goes on my "no" list. I sat at the sushi bar, that's where the service is best, normally. The atmosphere seems very commercial and fake. As I looked through the menu, I was surprised the prices were so low, but I could see in front of me that the fish/sushi looked cheap, not old or bad, just cheap. The staff did acknowledge me as soon as I walked in the door, which goes a long way (for me anyway). But, the service turned out to be inattentive and slow. Sometimes, I feel the staff forget they have paying customers around and that they are on stage, this was the case with the sushi chefs. I always order edamame when I go for sushi. It was awful. I'm not sure what went wrong, but the beans were extremely mushy, over cooked/steamed, I don't know. The sushi I ordered came quickly as expected but it lacked a tasteful presentation and it tasted cheap. My final judgement on the dinner is that it was super overpriced for the experience I had. I will not return.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

I went here a couple times with friends and colleague. They have various kind of sushi and other Japanese foods, which I think just taste okay. Nothing really special about it. Service is somewhat disappointing, we have to wait until our glass of water get refilled again. And the food comes out slow, even though they are not really busy.
In my opinion, price is a bit pricey for that kind of level. I better go a bit further out of town to enjoy more edible sushi with reasonable price.

Reviewed June 11, 2010

good sushi for money, bad serivce. The women who work there are always mean and bad customer service. Try getting a man waiter there nicer.

Reviewed November 5, 2008

Not as good as its sister restaurant in Pleasant Hill. The lunch package is a pretty good deal, though. $9 for two items, soup or salad and yummy potato croquettes.