“Finding a Golden Nugget”

Days Inn Near City of Hope
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Duarte
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Generally speaking, in my opinion, the Days Inn chain flopped about 20 years ago. That being said, this particular property is different. The franchisee is onsite with his family and they take very good care of the building. Customer service is 100%. When my wife and I recently checked in I wasn't feeling well and the desk clerk (who turned out to be the owner's wife) assisted us to our room by carrying luggage and unlocking the door. She refused a tip. I am rating this property Very Good instead of Excellent because I didn't care for the morning free breakfast. What was great is that I booked this visit "blind" through Hotwire.com and paid only $47 a night. I was here on business for a week and saved quite a bundle.

Room Tip: It's a 2-story with no elevator. Unless you don't mind walking up a flight, a downstairs roo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
daysinnduarte, General Manager at Days Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Thank you for the kind words, I will be sharing this review with my wife. She will probably get teary eyed. She works hard and reviews like this make it all worth while. So I truly want to thank you and please contact myself or Monika on your next visit. You are most wlecome at my Days Inn.

Victor

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great value in a location where hotels are pretty pricey. Great staff - the girl at the front desk simply couldn't have been more pleasant, welcoming and helpful! Room is clean and not smelly, AC worked well, clean towels, water in the shower drained well - I highly recommend this hotel! And it's 5 minutes away from the City of Hope, if that's what you are in Duarte for!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Necator N
daysinnduarte, Manager at Days Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

First of all, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this wonderful review. Your kind words is what we strive for from each and every guest. Please mention this review the next time you visit us.

Thanks again,

Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2011

You better make the staff walk through the room at check out I was ok withe stay until I got my credit card statement a $150.00 added charge was on it when I called they said there was smoke in the room I have never smoked in my life. SO BEWARE!
I stayed there a few times but that will make it my last.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dazzll

I personally want to apologize that you had a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Because we believe that non-smoking rooms should not be smoked in, we do a complete inspection upon checkout of each and every room. It is our only intention that when a guest asks for a non-smoking room that they are getting a non-smoking room. In the future if you would like to visit us, please feel free to mention this response for a discounted stay.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed for a week and had a nice two bed room. While there I noticed that a lamp needed repair and it was fixed while we were out. The beds were comfortable and clean. My only problem with the room was the age and the tiles needed replacing soon. Breakfast was clean and well stocked. I would recommend upping it to a hot breakfast in the future. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

After all of the negative reviews we had read we were almost reluctant to take this special deal through Expedia. It is an older motel but the rooms are gradually being updated. Plenty of parking. Very adequate breakfast with constant refills. Very friendly and helpful staff. Plenty of walking areas for exercise and for shopping and restaurants. Outdoor washer and dryer for guest use but under cover with nice seating area. Good halfway spot for Hollywood and Disneyland. Easy access but not right on the 210 and the 605. We would definitely return if we are in the area

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
daysinnduarte, General Manager at Days Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

First of all, we know that you have many choices and you decided to choose our Days Inn as your place to stay, Thank You. Secondly, I can tell that you have spent time out of your busy schedule, to out of your way to write a lenghtly review, Thank You. We apricate your business and kind words, please mention that you were the one that wrote this review the next time you decide to stay with us, I would like to thank you personally.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

The only down is no pool (it's HOT in LA during the Summer). On the up side, the hotel is centrally located, walking distance to stores, close driving to Walmart and fast food joints. Easy freeway access. Hotel is older, but clean. Employees are kind, respectful and accomodating. I stayed with a 60 yr old woman, and 3 teens and we were all happy ;) It isn't "perfect" but it is definitely comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
daysinnduarte, General Manager at Days Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for your kind words, we are updating the rooms on a continuous basis. We look forward to your next visit. Please mention this review on your next visit and ask for Victor.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

We spent 3 days here at the Days Inn. Not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but close to it. Could not find anything in Pasadena for the Rose Parade and this was the only hotel with availability. It was only a 10 minute drive from hotel to parade route.Upon entering the room, the smell was not the best. Dirty towels left in the bathroom. The bed spreads looked like they haven't been cleaned for a long time. Carpet had stains everywhere.
The reception center next door had a party that went until 2 am with loud music. Complaining to the front desk did nothing. Very glad to check out!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank chris1916
daysinnduarte, General Manager at Days Inn Near City of Hope, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a review. We strive to make all guest experiences at Day Inn a perfect stay. We apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. Please feel free to contact me so that I may have the oppurunity to satisfy you with excellent customer service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duarte
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena

Been to Days Inn Near City of Hope? Share your experiences!