Carriage House Inn
Chalet View Lodge(Graeagle)(Great Value!)
$135
Travelocity
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
$154
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
$129
$125
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
$80
$78
Travelocity
Dutch Flat Hotel(Dutch Flat)
$131
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2012

For our first visit to Downieville we selected the Carriage House Inn based on the glowing reviews and were not disappointed ... in fact we are already planning another trip next month! We called ahead and based our stay on the availability of rooms with balconies overlooking the river, but frankly all the rooms are wonderful ... clean, neat, quiet and very affordable. Most everything in Downieville is within walking distance of the Carriage House Inn, which is centrally located in the middle of town right on the river. The reclining chairs on the grassy knoll overlooking the gently flowing water are peaceful and comfortable, and there is a BBQ available for use. The purpose of our visit was to ride the world-renown mountain biking trails and the best bike shop in town Yuba Expeditions is located next door. Yuba offers shuttles to the top of the mountain, but there are great trails just blocks away to ride .. or hike. If you are a cyclist the Carriage House Inn provides a locked room for bikes adjacent to the parking lot. The friendly hostess Liz keeps the coffee hot, strong and ready every morning at 6:30 sharp. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NorCalBeachGuy
Reviewed May 22, 2012

A friend and I stayed here in April, and the accommodations and service were great. I thought the noise from the river would keep me up, but I hardly heard it when the sliding door was closed. When I got home, I realized that I had left quite a few things in the room, one of them being my cane. I called Liz and she very graciously sent them to me immediately.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed with others at the Carriage House Inn while on a winter business trip and felt completely at home. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, affordable and relaxing. The Inn is located in the center of town, right on the river, and within walking distance to Sierra County government offices. Liz is a gracious host who sincerely cares for her guests. My next stay in Downieville, either for business or pleasure, will be at the Carriage House Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for thrid floor room with a balcony overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TahoeFamily
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Liz was both very helpful and accommdating. When she found out I got some cuts on my mountain bike ride she found medicine and bandaids for me. The room was clean, comfortable, and cozy...with a patio overlooking the river. Couldn't ask for more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LosAngelesNormie
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Stayed here for July 4th weekend, had a great room (#1) with deck overlooking the river. Owners Liz and John are very welcoming. Room was lovely, clean, had everything we needed for three day stay. Breakfast was fine, there isn't much to choose from in Downieville right now....you either bring your food in or eat at the tacqueria or pizzeria. Mountainbiking is awesome, many rides right from town. We rode the new Downieville connector to the yuba trail, make sure you have your technu wipes with you.

Room Tip: make sure to take a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple