“One of the best places to dine in Downey- great food!”
Review of Narai Thai Cuisine

Narai Thai Cuisine
Ranked #66 of 243 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Downey, California
“One of the best places to dine in Downey- great food!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What did I like about it? Evertything! All the food in the menu is great. We eat here about once a month, I live close by & they have free delivery withing a certain range. I swear I call & 20 minutes later, they are at my door with yummy warm & freshly made food. I recommend the bbq pork, and the spicy beef salad (meat tastes like carne asada but with so many other flavors in it), the pad see yew is also yummy. I also like that they have a bar although it doesn't look like it but they do have a drink menu & the sangrias are pretty good. If you're looking to discover a place in Downey that has great food, this place is it.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank M R

Los Angeles, California
“Good PadThai Noodles - rest just ok”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We ordered Narai Thai take-out for the first time and were somewhat dissappointed. The Pad Thai Noodles and Chicken Satay were good but the rest of our order lacked - lacked flavor, lacked originality and came short of a memorable meal. The chicken curry was too thick and the vegetables were overcooked. Their sauteed spinach had too much garlic (and we love garlic). The spicy rice was dry and the meat was undercooked and rubbery.

Because I liked their noodles, I'll consider going back when craving some decent Pad Thai. I'll be picking up something else for my husband that night.

I guess we've been spoiled by PF Chang's amazing recipes, as they supercede all other Asian type cuisines.

• Visited June 2012
Fresno, California
“Wonderful Tastes”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We lived in Downey MANY years ago (40+!) - and were back for a vareity of reasons.

It was fun to go to this restaurant during our visit. We aren't extremely familar with Thai food but had heard that Thai food often has peanuts (and can be seasoned hot.) So we went expecting a vareity of peanut dishes - and there really weren't any but one or two - BUT . . .the menu truly had a huge vareity of dishes from which to choose.

The servers were very patient, pleasant, and helpful as we read thru the menu. We did pick a soup that was delicious and served most interestingly in a metal "thing" that had a flame in the center to keep the soup warm; I am sure there is a name of this but I have no idea what it is.

We also ordered an entree plate - which was also delicious -

I'm a big water drinker, and my glass was filled regularly - so . . that was wonderful!

We eat early (5ish) and had an easy choice of tables. It soon became VERY busy - and with couples, families, etc. and of all different ethnicities (as is the population base in Downey.) By the time we left - all the tables were filled in the main dining room and the additional dining area had guests, also.

There were also LOTS of people coming in to pick up their food and take it home/out.

It's not a place to go for the ambience, but .. . it was fun and the food was great as was the service.

• Visited March 2012
Downey, California
“My all time favorite Thai restaurant in Downey/562 area.”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Me and my fiance are regulars here, no others place we go if we crave for Thai food. Why? food is soooo good, and on top of that its reasonably priced. I personally love the Deep fried Trout with a side of steam white rice. Writing this review is making me hungry :)

3 Thank 0mardc
Texas
“And .... it's still excellent !”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Three of us visiting Downey on business went to Narai Thai at the recommendation of the clerk in our hotel. In reading the reviews for Narai Thai after we ate there, they all mirror what the hotel clerk told us; "great Thai food for a very reasonable price". She did, however, neglect to tell us that the service was great too.

So, I can confirm that the previous reviews of Naral Thai, while possibly dated, are still vaild; great food and service in a very nice (family-friendly) setting at a very reasonable price. If there's time, I may go again before we leave !