“Stay away from this property!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Downey

Days Inn Downey
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Fergus, Canada
“Stay away from this property!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

The neighbourhood is a little sketchy. The hotel itself lacks functional equipment. The wifi was absolutely garbage, the microwave looked like it was bought in the 80's and I really mean that, one light wasn't working and the overall state of the room was deplorable. I didn't feel safe and wanted to find another hotel but my partner convinced me to stay. The parking lot is very small. The breakfast is a joke and the only fresh thing I found was the cereal. I try to give positive or neutral reviews but in this case it's impossible.
P.S. I didn't even take pictures because I was so disappointed with this property. I didn't want to have any remainders of it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnStonewood, Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
We thank you for taking time and letting us know about your concerns during the stay on May 2013 and we want to let you know that we have taken care for this at that time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Downey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Check in and parking were easy. A local mall with food court within walking distance. I brought my own pillow and they even washed the pillow case for me! Breakfast bar has cereal, juice, toast, toaster strudel and coffee. I went out for breakfast. Tables and a better breakfast, more fresh fruit choices and something better than Fruit Loops would be great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Downey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

The urban exterior didn't match the lovliness of the room. I had a nice stay rooms were clean. The breakfast presentation and quality wasn't very good.Next to a nice shopping mall and Bj's Restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Overall it was ok, the room was big and clean. We stayed for 4 nights and the breakfast was identical every day. Toast, bagels, instant oatmeal,Danish and donuts (1 kind if each -same everyday) froot loops and corn flakes. We ran out of toilet paper and had to call but he came right away. The worst part was the noise. We had people above and beside us. The tv was on all night long every night beside us. Upstairs was a group from the YMCA youth group who were loud. I wouldn't stay here again because of the lack of sound barriers between rooms.

• Stayed February 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was in between several cities I wanted to visit. The price was also exceptional given the accommodations. I can tell the rooms have been updated. But they did a very good job with the update. The pictures are accurate. The patterns of the carpet, contemporary tiles for the bathrooms, modern bedroom furniture, six panel doors, large flat panel television and drapes all lend itself to something you would see in a four star hotel. The only thing that could have made our room look better would have been the addition of art work to add flavor to the bare walls. But considering the price we paid, I feel fortunate to have stayed in at this hotel.

Upon checking in, I could see the small lobby also served as a breakfast area. From the looks of it, I pretty much assumed the breakfasts would not be memorable despite being complimentary. That said, I decided to eat at Norm's or Porto's Bakery just a mile or two away for my breakfasts. Both offer excellent alternatives even for those with discerning tastes.

The complimentary wi-fi worked flawlessly for me. And the king size bed was comfortable. There is an extra blanket in the closet if you desire extra warmth. However, I wished I had brought my own pillow. As I tend to prefer pillows that are relatively flat. I was also pleasantly surprised with how wide the in-house safe was. One can easily store a large laptop in there if desired. Our room was the corner unit that faced the street. I was concerned about the potential noise from the traffic. But surprisingly, the room was well insulated and at worse, I heard a slight humming noise from an occasional truck. As suggested in another review, there are no elevators in this two story hotel. So plan accordingly if you have heavy luggage.

Days Inn is located in the same block as the large Stonewood shopping center. Across the street, is an In and Out Burger if you are interested in a late night snack during your stay. A few chain grocery stores and Target are also located nearby as well. I would say this hotel is in a very decent and safe area. The locals here are very friendly. The town itself would not be considered a magnet for the attractions it offers. But this hotel is great for being centrally located to all the cities I wanted to visit which were only about 20 - 45 minutes away.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInnStonewood, General Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property,your comments are very much valued.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Pico Rivera

Been to Days Inn Downey? Share your experiences!