“My Stay at Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Downey

Days Inn Downey
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have stayed at this Days Inn several times. I like it because the room is clean, the is manager is friendly, and the location is good for my meeting activities.
However, the price of the room could be a little more reasonable. Choice Hotel Program gives me a better price with similar accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2012
DaysInnStonewood, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We will definitely recognize the specific departments you mentioned as well as address the areas of concerns with the appropriate department heads. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week in June 2011. We chose it because the location (near shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, rental car agency, freeway entrance) was great. We came back because the rooms were clean, service was good, and the rooms were in the process of being upgraded (new carpets, furnishings). Very nice, quite upscale.

There is no laundry room, but just down the street is a big laundromat next to a store where soap and quarters for the machines were easily obtained.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
DaysInnStonewood, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us this past summer! The renovated rooms are now complete with new furnishings, carpet, bathrooms, and flat-screen televisions. Next time you are in the area, we would love to welcome you back as our guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

Great clean room, very cool A/C, decent priced, only complaint was I reserved a first floor room, but upon arrival reservation personnel had forgotten to forward the request on to the hotel. So no fault of the on-site management. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
DaysInnStonewood, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the experience you had at the Days Inn Stonewood hotel. We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed every level of your stay. Our staff really loves what they do and it shows with the superb service provided.

I’m sorry to hear of the small problem with the room location request, and I hope it didn't put a damper on your stay. However, next time you decide to stay with us, call me directly at the hotel and I'll make sure that you are taken care of!

We hope that when you chose us again when returning to the area. Until then, thank you for your important business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed here on the spur of the moment for funeral services. Rooms are very spacious, clean. I believe rennovations where being done. We were not able to rest because of the work being done. All in all very accomodating staff. They just did not understand english (cleaning staff). I think we would stay again. Rennovations have to be done, our timing wasn't right.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
DaysInnStonewood, Business Development Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

On behalf of the entire Days Inn Family, I would like to send our deepest apology for the difficulty you experienced on your stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best service and warmest hospitality and apologize if we have not met those standards. Like you mentioned, we are in the process of renovating the entire property and we have tried our best to keep guests away from the noise.

However, all of the construction is now finished (so no more noise!) and the renovation will be complete by May 2011. I hope that you will visit us again once these changes are complete. Once again, please accept our humblest apologies.

Business Development Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We were in the area working long hours and decided to stay the night at the last minute. We went to this motel without many expectations, but were pleasantly suprised! The rooms were spacious and the bed comfortable. The water pressure was strong and everything was clean, but its still definitely a no frills motel. Good for a quick nights stay if youre in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
DaysInnStonewood, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

I am thrilled you really enjoyed your stay at the Days Inn Stonewood! It is a joy to read you found the room to be spacious, comfortable, and the price right. Thank you for recommending the Days Inn Stonewood Hotel and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

I wasn't expecting a lot from this hotel but I was pleasantly surprised! I was in the area for business and the hotel is in a great location- walking distance to restaurants and a mall and easy freeway access.

It seems as if the lobby had just been renovated and it looked very nice. Seating was comfortable and they even added a large flat screen TV, which kept me entertained while I waited for my co-worker to arrive. I checked-in around noon and the young front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. He was quick and got us into our room without any hassles. Once we got settled into our room, the lobby attendant called to make sure everything was ok. Overall, the hotel went out of their way to keep us comfortable.

The rooms were nice and very clean too. The decor is dated but the rooms are very large which is a plus.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ziggy331
DaysInnStonewood, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Downey, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank you for your kind words! All of us here at the Days Inn Stonewood hotel strive to ensure that you have an exceptional stay with us.

Indeed, our lobby has been renovated. The guest rooms are also scheduled to be renovated by early 2011. We look forward to having you back as our guest!

Reviewed June 8, 2010

GREAT Describe the service you experienced
Tell us how you liked the room
Talk about the location & amenities
Say what you liked best & least

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Studio Inn And Suites
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Best Western Norwalk Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Been to Days Inn Downey? Share your experiences!