“Great for happy hour!”

Carino's Italian Grill
Ranked #24 of 248 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Italian
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
Reviewed October 9, 2013

$3 Beers during Happy Hour (Blue Moon, Bud Light, Peroni, Sam Adams). $4 well drink what more can you ask for? Oh, yes how about great appetizers at a great price. Every day is something different. Like fried shrimp at 25 cents each.You won't be disappointed. Make sure you sit in the bar area as that's the only place these specials are valid. The waitresses are friendly and courteous and prompt.

There are newer reviews for Carino's Italian Grill

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Carino's Italian Grill in Downey is located in a relatively new shopping center located at the former aerospace plant. The restaurant's menu includes pastas, salads, and a nice sampling of hamburgers for those not favoring Italian dishes. Service was fast and cordial. Prices were very reasonable. The bowtie pasta, meat sauce and meatballs were excellent. My guest had eggplant which he said was excellent. I was very impressed with the lunch and would definitely return.

1  Thank BLT310
Reviewed February 21, 2012

100+ different beers at 2 dollars each everyday, amazing place, great service n even better food. :)
GO!

Reviewed May 22, 2010

I have been to other restaurants of this chain before. I was unaware that there was one in Downey. I went to visit my daughter and saw this one, and went for dinner and its awesome, as the others I had visited before. Our only complaint was with the service. It was not as good as in the ones we had been in Florida and Texas.
The family size appetizers are huge. Calamari was awesome. The eggplant parmigiana delicious.

1  Thank golflover26
Reviewed October 2, 2009

What can I say? Johnny Carino's has the best chicken fettucini alfredo, in my opinion. I will drive out of my way (and I did this time) to eat it. I've been to one in Corpus Christi, Indianapolis, and LA and have always enjoyed it.
This particular trip was especially nice. We were two time zones away from where we live, so my body was wanting supper at like 5:30pm, local time. There were, maybe, 10 other tables filled and they put us in this little walled-in booth. It really felt like we were in our own little restaurant. The waiter was very nice (I ended up giving a 27% tip, which isn't like me). My wife asked for water with lemon and he even brought extra lemons each time he brought more water.
The price is standard for this type of restaurant. The chicken fettucini was like $15, I think. Add a couple to that for a drink, you know the drill.
Carino's is wonderful. As mentioned earlier, I drove 18 miles out of the way, in LA rush hour (I think it took us like 45 minutes), to get there.
JJ