Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Studio Inn And Suites(Downey)(Great Value!)
$90
$68
Hotels.com
$109
BestWestern.com
All reviewsevening receptionindoor poolcomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripla arealiving roombeautiful hotellos angelesfree parkingrooms are spaciousbusiness centernice stayfirestone blvduniversal studiosrooneyatriumanaheim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Second time I've stayed at this wonderful location. The staff tends a welcoming environment and ensures you feel like welcome family, accomodated every need.
Even during their complimentary happy hour, bartendress, Julie, manages to remember your drink order from last time and is delightfully charming during the busiest moments.
You cannot anoy the front desk, they masterfully tend to your every request, treating you as familar visitor. I cannot say enough about this little secret find of a hotel.
The indoor pool and spa, the creek (with coy and turtles) in the courtyard and the love birds in the lobby accentuate the charm further, not to mention the affordable price and decent complimentary breakfast.No charge for internet...I'm writing this review from hotel. About to enjoy dinner on site.
See you here next time I need to come to L.A.

Room Tip: Go high and in the corner, backside toward City Hall is my favorite... That way you can ride in glass evevators!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family stayed 3 nights at this hotel in August 2012 while visiting Los Angeles. Easily found from the airport (about 20 minutes by car), the hotel is an impressive sight while driving up to the front door. We were warmly received by the young man at reception, and quickly and efficiently checked in; we really appreciated this after a long transatlantic flight and rush-hour drive to the hotel.

Our room on the 5th floor was very clean and comfortable; a separate living area contained a fold out couch, two tables, 3 lamps, a small dining table and a sink/refrigerator area with coffee machine. The coffee machine was built to make two cups at once; ours only made one but when we pointed this out it was immediately replaced with a brand new machine. Requested extra towels and they arrived within 15 minutes. The bedroom with two queens had its own door. A flat screen TV was in the living room, and another in the bedroom.

Highlight of this hotel was the free breakfast, buffet style mostly but you can also have eggs cooked to order or pancakes. The kids liked being able to make their own waffles. Lots of options for breakfast, and all was fresh and delicious. In the evening there is a "manager's reception" where snacks such as nachos, popcorn etc. are available, and free soft drinks (alcoholic too!). We were there every night and enjoyed it. Two TVs were tuned to sports (sound off and captioning on, which was nice). We did not experience any excessive noise in the room, despite the atrium design of the hotel. A fish pond filled with koi and turtles was a nice touch.

The pool and workout area are nice as well; the pool is small but usable. A small store is on premises too. Conveniently across the street is a 24 hour CVS for last minute needs. A large shopping mall is within walking distance, as is an In 'n' Out burger. Easy access to the freeway makes getting into LA, Hollywood or to the beaches easy. Parking on premises is free and there is plenty of it. The neighborhood is just fine and we felt entirely safe walking around the area.

We really enjoyed this hotel and would say that it was the best one we visited in our 3 weeks in the west. I would like to thank the hotel staff especially as they were all genuinely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended, especially for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
michelle-escobedo, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you MikeJameson for your review of our property!

Email: Michelle.Escobedo@Hilton.com
Phone: 562.861.1900

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hotel is great, nice big rooms, good location close to stores and restaurants. Great breakfast and good service. Only problem I have with your hotel is absolutely horrible internet. The hotel charges $10 a night for access to internet that is extremely slow. I had internet speeds of 300 kbs, I stayed the previous night in Holiday Inn Express with free wifi (internet speeds 50-100 times faster). If you charge for internet at least offer reliable and fast internet. You need to realize that most of your customers during the week are business travelers. Good and fast internet is a must !!! I wouldn't stay here again unless I have to because of your internet. I do lots of my work from the computer and I shouldn't have to go to Starbucks to get access to internet. Your internet was a joke, I can get faster internet on my phone using 3G speeds.

Room Tip: rooms on the side of the building not facing the atrium are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you M_GO_BLUE_A2 for your review of our property!

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had with our wifi connection. Be assured, your comments have been shared with our General Manager for further review. I would love to issue a credit for the internet fees during your stay. If you could email or call me with your confirmation number, I will happily issue the credit. I am available 5 days a week typically from 3PM to 11PM PST.

Thank you so much for your time.
We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Email: Michelle.Escobedo@Hilton.com
Phone: 562.861.1900

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here again because other Hilton properties did not accept my employer's rate. Checking in after midnight and a couple was ahead of me. The clerk continued to chat, and chat, and chat with the couple until they finally stepped away. This is the only Hilton property to ask for my work ID. Anyway get a high room, but once I stepped into the room, there was a stale type smell, a smell they probably have not been able to get rid of for years. Hallway carpets probably have not been changed for decades. One of the TV remotes did not work and the coffee creamer in the room turned to curd, wasn't a pleasant sight, lucky I didn't drink any of it. Oh, I have never seen a place that has three security guards at night and an armed one during the day. Hmmmm, maybe I should pass this place next time.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TravelingChumley
michelle-escobedo, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you TravelingChumley for providing feedback about your most recent stay with us! I would like to assure you that your comments have been shared with our entire staff and the issues you are reporting have been addressed. I would like to add that we never employ armored security. It's possible you saw an armed guard during the day hours as Dunbar does pick-up from our hotel regularly. Please feel free to contact me or the Manager on Duty by calling the hotel directly at 562.861.1900 should you like to discuss this matter futher. We will be more than happy to assist in any way we can!

Thank you so much for your time.
We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just came back after a family holiday staying 10 nights, perfect base for all the sights of LA. Rooms large and excellent service. Free breakfast and free drinks in the evening, absolutely perfect !!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Chris186451 for your review of our property! We are very glad to hear you and your family had a wonderful time. Be assured, your feedback will be shared with our staff! Feel free to contact our Manager on Duty if there is anything further you would like to discuss.