“Best Value for Money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here on day 9 of our West Coast road trip and we loved it! We loved the huge rooms, and that the kids had their own separate room. Both of which were huge. My husband loved the free happy hour drinks, I loved the free snacks. The kids also loved the swimming pool and the fish pond. We ordered room service for dinner for the kids which was very well priced ($5 each). The person at the reception area was friendly, efficient and accommodating, even deducting the cost of internet from our room fee when my husband complained. One of the best things about the hotel was the big breakfast buffet, but the worst thing was also the big breakfast buffet - it was pretty busy and noisy - like eating in a school cafeteria.

Room Tip: The corner room
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank westcoastmama123
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I came here on business travel with an associate. We had preferred to stay nearer to LAX however this hotel had much better rates. Everything seemed fresh and clean. The customer service was great. I had forgotten my laptop cord and was able to borrow one from a member of the staff.
A couple negatives that relate to layout and design:
1) The breakfast area is very cramped. There are not enough tables and customers are constantly bumping into people sitting down to try to move about. They actually need to lose about 2 tables so people can walk through.
2) The "fitness center" is a typical afterthought, "lets just use a hotel room" setup. There are 4 cardio machines crowded into the room. And in the outer suite, there are some weight machines and dumbells. If they only paid half as much attention to a fitness area as a swimming pool area, things would be better. Again, this is a design flaw, not any employees' fault.
One other note, the staff does seem very slow to pick up room service trays as I noticed they were sitting outside adjacent rooms for many hours.
All in all, I would stay again.

1  Thank jumbonav
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Downey in July 2011 while I was traveling for business. The rooms were very spacious, updated and clean. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The manager's reception is a nice perk - free snacks and booze, and the complimentary breakfast buffet was good as well - pancakes, potatoes, fruit, etc. I ordered room service, and it came right away. The restaraunt immediately next door (I think it was called Mimi's) was quite good as well and very convenient. I will definitely stay here when in this area again.

1  Thank MabelK
Reviewed July 20, 2011

An old but remodeled hotel near Downtown LA. Staff is very helpful, rooms are good for the price. Managers reception is well attended by all, but dont expect an upscale crowd. Everything you need is within walking distance but nobody in SoCal walks anywhere.

1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Looks better from outside.
The rooms are renovated, anything aged seems to be quite old. The bar and restaurants closes at 10 pm and there is nothing around which would be ok for avoid dinner after a long trip to LA. The waitress in the restaurant recommended us the Denny's on the other side of the street. They are doing good omelets at breakfast, that may be all I can remind of this stay

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Mikkelmann
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed six days at this hotel. We wanted to go to Universal Studios and visit relatives in Anaheim and this hotel was half way distance to both. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and always had a smile on their faces. The room was very clean and comfortable and I saw the maid service taking apart the sofa and cleaning it along with vacuuming the rugs. Alot of hotels do not do that. I noticed in our room, we did not have an alarm clock, so I called the front office and within 10 minutes, a nice gentleman came up to deliver one. The price of our room included a full breakfast every day which was good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank djskip
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I had horrible experience at Embassy Suites at Downey. I booked hotel or four days but in reality I just stayed one day and checked out early and lost my money for remaining three days.

The reason I checked out was because my room was nasty. Bathrooms were dirty; there were hairs in my bathroom. The bath towels were foul and smelling bad. The air condition was not working in my room. I called front desk and complain about it. The person at front desk told me that technician would be at my room in few minutes. Half hour passed by and whole night went away but nobody came in my room to fix air condition. I request king size bed and they gave me two queen size beds. Next day in morning I checked out from hotel and manager on duty told me that he can only work out refund me one day money for inconvenience and if I check out I would be loosing my money for rest of three days. I booked Embassy Suites at Downey hoping that it is Hilton property and would have good experience at hotel but on the contrary Embassy suites spoiled my vacation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sam8470
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey? Share your experiences!