“Horrible harrasment from Staff member”

Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I had stayed at this hotel a couple of times due to its a convenient location near a friend's house. But my recent stay was horrible. One of the staff members took my cell phone number (without my permission) from the computer's records and called me nonstop as soon as I left the hotel. I complained with the hotel manager but nothing has been done about this so far. I travel often and this type of attitude is unacceptable and unprofessional. The location and hotel itself isn't bad, but the staff could definitely be improved. I will definitely avoid staying here again

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for this incident. The day you reported this to us, we investigated the matter with the employee in question and immediately terminated his employment with us. This kind of conduct is absolutely unacceptable in our company and we do not condone such acts at all. We strive to continue to improve our customer service as evident from other reviews. Guests' information's privacy is taken extremely seriously and we do not share or forward any guest's information to any other entity or agency at all. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this unfortunate incident may have caused you.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Near Downey Studios

Reviewed May 9, 2010

This was the first time in the downey area so I had no idea what to expect. My company frequents the area but i couldn't get any suggestions on where to stay. With a bit of research and reading reviews on others sites i chose this location for convenience and booked online. The price was fair and kept my within budget. Upon checking in I was amazed at the cleanliness of the property. The washer and dryer, though outside, was fairly new and i had no reserves on putting my own clothes into someone elses machine (sometimes you wonder if your clothes are better off elsewhere). I noticed the attention to detail with the landscaping and the paint seemed pretty fresh. No cigarette butts, wow!
The staff was very proffessional and friendly in suggesting where to dine, I like that. Finding a restaurant was effortless. Lots to choose from. The location was on a fairly busy street but I only noticed morning traffic. It was fairly quiet for being so close to the road.
If there were any suggestions I would like to say that maybe the bathrooms needed freshening up...everything worked just noticed a certain odor.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2010

Dear Guest, Thanks a lot for taking time off to write your review. I totally appreciate your positive feedback. We continue to improve our customer service and room quality. I have taken a note of your suggestion regarding updating or "freshening up" the bathrooms. You will be glad to know that half of the property's total bathrooms were renovated in the last 8-12 months. Remaining bathrooms are being given a facelift gradually. So, the next time you are here, there is pretty good chance that your room will have a new-look bathroom. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again.

Reviewed April 27, 2010

The only real complaint I have is the lack of AC outlets. There is not a single outlet anywhere near the desk where I needed to do some paperwork. I had to drag the desk half way across the room to reach one. Everything else was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. I truly appreciate it. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding the AC outlet. I personally checked the setup of the room that you stayed in; and I agree with you. Based on your feedback, we have immediately provided a 5-point outlet extension next to the study desk for hooking up your computer or other devices. I always take guests' suggestions or concerns quite seriously and try to make rooms as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to see you again in future as well.

Reviewed April 22, 2010

this is one of the best comford inn hotel I have ever stay,friendly people, nice room,beds are really comfortable,and clean,and safe place..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagementRep, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2010

Dear MarioAvila,

Thanks for taking time to post your review. I sincerely appreciate it. We will continue to enhance our room quality and great customer service that you expect from us. I will look forward for your continuous support to our hotel.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 22, 2010

be more flexibility in this time try to help more all your good customers because economy impact is bead have prices more accessible. another hotel lower his prices and people look for save money in this times, thank you, and I hope next time have Better price with the same attentions.

Jose Casillas.

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for taking time to share your concern with us. We strive to maintain high standard as far as our room quality and customer service is concerned. At the same time, we keep our rates very competitive. We love to offer best available rates to our loyal customers. We will try our best to accommodate your desire for getting the lowest possible rate, subject to availability and conditions. Thank you very much for your continuous support to our hotel.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 20, 2010

i really like this place is quiet, bery nice representatives in the loby that always help you in what you need and its very confortable place to stay ..

• Stayed: April 2010
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2010

Dear Osman,

Thanks a lot for taking time to post your experience with us. I truly appreciate your response. Please know that we will continue to provide the best possible customer service to you for many years to come, combined with great quality rooms.

Thanks again,

Reviewed April 18, 2010

On a business trip I was not sure of my destination I was headed towards Paramount, California when I called my wife to check on line for Choice Hotels in Paramount only to find out there were none. She found one in Downey which was close to Paramount and the price was very very reasonable I asked her to book the room. I was so surprised when I arrived the staff was great, the location was perfect ( I walked to dinner) the room was clean, good size, Wi Fi available everything was great. I wold not hesitate to consider this location as a good stop over on all future trips in this direction nor would I hesitate to recommend this Comfort Inn as the place to stay. This location provided a safe, clean well situated location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2010

Dear PalmDesertGolfer,

I thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and your stay experience. If there is something that you would like us to improve upon to make your future stays with us even more comfortable and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to share your ideas with us. We do take our guests' suggestions seriously and continuously strive to improve our facility and customer service. Thanks again for taking time to write your review. We look forward to serve your future lodging needs in this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#3 of 8 in Downey
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Bell Gardens
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Been to Quality Inn Near Downey Studios? Share your experiences!