“Pleasantly surprised with the location and detail to exterior property ...”

Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Downey
Mobile, Alabama
“Pleasantly surprised with the location and detail to exterior property ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

This was the first time in the downey area so I had no idea what to expect. My company frequents the area but i couldn't get any suggestions on where to stay. With a bit of research and reading reviews on others sites i chose this location for convenience and booked online. The price was fair and kept my within budget. Upon checking in I was amazed at the cleanliness of the property. The washer and dryer, though outside, was fairly new and i had no reserves on putting my own clothes into someone elses machine (sometimes you wonder if your clothes are better off elsewhere). I noticed the attention to detail with the landscaping and the paint seemed pretty fresh. No cigarette butts, wow!
The staff was very proffessional and friendly in suggesting where to dine, I like that. Finding a restaurant was effortless. Lots to choose from. The location was on a fairly busy street but I only noticed morning traffic. It was fairly quiet for being so close to the road.
If there were any suggestions I would like to say that maybe the bathrooms needed freshening up...everything worked just noticed a certain odor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
Dear Guest, Thanks a lot for taking time off to write your review. I totally appreciate your positive feedback. We continue to improve our customer service and room quality. I have taken a note of your suggestion regarding updating or "freshening up" the bathrooms. You will be glad to know that half of the property's total bathrooms were renovated in the last 8-12 months. Remaining bathrooms are being given a facelift gradually. So, the next time you are here, there is pretty good chance that your room will have a new-look bathroom. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

The only real complaint I have is the lack of AC outlets. There is not a single outlet anywhere near the desk where I needed to do some paperwork. I had to drag the desk half way across the room to reach one. Everything else was very nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. I truly appreciate it. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced regarding the AC outlet. I personally checked the setup of the room that you stayed in; and I agree with you. Based on your feedback, we have immediately provided a 5-point outlet extension next to the study desk for hooking up your computer or other devices. I always take guests' suggestions or concerns quite seriously and try to make rooms as comfortable as possible.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to see you again in future as well.
Downey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

this is one of the best comford inn hotel I have ever stay,friendly people, nice room,beds are really comfortable,and clean,and safe place..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagementRep, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Dear MarioAvila,

Thanks for taking time to post your review. I sincerely appreciate it. We will continue to enhance our room quality and great customer service that you expect from us. I will look forward for your continuous support to our hotel.

Thanks again
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

be more flexibility in this time try to help more all your good customers because economy impact is bead have prices more accessible. another hotel lower his prices and people look for save money in this times, thank you, and I hope next time have Better price with the same attentions.

Jose Casillas.

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for taking time to share your concern with us. We strive to maintain high standard as far as our room quality and customer service is concerned. At the same time, we keep our rates very competitive. We love to offer best available rates to our loyal customers. We will try our best to accommodate your desire for getting the lowest possible rate, subject to availability and conditions. Thank you very much for your continuous support to our hotel.

Thanks again
Downey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

i really like this place is quiet, bery nice representatives in the loby that always help you in what you need and its very confortable place to stay ..

• Stayed April 2010
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, April 24, 2010
Dear Osman,

Thanks a lot for taking time to post your experience with us. I truly appreciate your response. Please know that we will continue to provide the best possible customer service to you for many years to come, combined with great quality rooms.

Thanks again,
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

On a business trip I was not sure of my destination I was headed towards Paramount, California when I called my wife to check on line for Choice Hotels in Paramount only to find out there were none. She found one in Downey which was close to Paramount and the price was very very reasonable I asked her to book the room. I was so surprised when I arrived the staff was great, the location was perfect ( I walked to dinner) the room was clean, good size, Wi Fi available everything was great. I wold not hesitate to consider this location as a good stop over on all future trips in this direction nor would I hesitate to recommend this Comfort Inn as the place to stay. This location provided a safe, clean well situated location.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
ManagementRep, Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear PalmDesertGolfer,

I thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel and your stay experience. If there is something that you would like us to improve upon to make your future stays with us even more comfortable and enjoyable, please do not hesitate to share your ideas with us. We do take our guests' suggestions seriously and continuously strive to improve our facility and customer service. Thanks again for taking time to write your review. We look forward to serve your future lodging needs in this area.

Auburn, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We (my business colleagues and I) elected to stay at this Comfort Inn primarily because of its proximity to where we would be working for the next week.

The hotel looked OK from the outside, with a fresh coat of paint. However, our first clue that we were in a bad area was when we went to check in and had to be "buzzed in" to the office lobby. The office door was actually kept LOCKED during business hours and had to be remotely opened by the employee behind the counter.

It was a Monday night, and my football team was playing. I wanted nothing more than to settle in to a quiet comfortable room and watch the game on TV. After 1/2 hour, the temperature in my room had not come down - the AC was not working. I returned to the front desk to request a new room. The next room they gave me had a loose / frayed cable connecting to the TV, making the game unwatchable. When I returned to the front office again to see if I could get a new cable adapter, I was met with miss attitude "what is it this time?". I was moved to a 3rd room, which was finally OK.

In the morning, I went to the lobby to meet with my business associates and found that their continental breakfast was served in the same small office area that is used for check in. There is literally seating for 6 - 8 people total. With everyone stopping down for breakfast, there was no room to sit. I took my breakfast back to my room, even though there was a sign on the door prohibiting this.

Talking with my traveling companions, I learned their experience had been poor as well. One found that the sheets were dirty in her room. When she called the front desk for new ones, she was told that she would have to go down to the front desk to pick them up herself, as she was alone behind the counter. The third person in our group had an OK room, but it was right next to the main road (highly traveled) and had difficulty sleeping through the night due to the noise.

This is an older style "motel" format with doors that open to the outside, rather than to interior corridors. It has received some updates over the years, but the format is just dated for today's business travelers. I would have been able to tolerate those shortcomings, however, if the service had been at least adequate. Sadly, it was not. I have stayed in a number of Comfort Inn's in the past. Most of them are pretty fair. I will not stay at this one again, though.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
ManagementRep, General Manager at Quality Inn Near Downey Studios, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to write this review and to bring these issues to our attention. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. I found out that a few rooms had poor TV pictures due to problems in the cable splitters or distribution. Please note that we have taken care of this problem and all rooms are showing crystal clear picture now. We have also replaced old air-conditioners in some rooms that were not very effective any more. So, two issues that you brought up have been addressed.

Breakfast area, at times, even in larger hotels, may get crowded because sometimes a lot of guests may come to have their breakfast at the same time. To accommodate this, we allow our guests to take their breakfast to their rooms so that they can eat comfortably.

Since this is not a full service hotel and no housekeeping is available after 5PM or regular working hours, if a guest wants to have some extra towels or linens, they are politely requested to come to the lobby area to fulfill their request. All motels operate this way. Bed-sheets and used towels are replaced every day. So, dirty linen issue that your co-worker had would be thoroughly investigated.

Rooms closer to the street have recently received insulation on the doors to keep the noise out.

Just to let you know that we have many many happy and satisfied business travelers who come and stay at our property again and again because we take customer satisfaction quite seriously. The issues that you have written about will receive our full attention and we will make sure that no one experiences them again. This is a Gold Award winning location from Choice Hotels International and we strive to keep our guests happy and satisfied. Thank you, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Downey hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#2 of 8 in Downey
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Studio Inn And Suites
BEST WESTERN Norwalk Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce
Quality Inn & Suites Montebello

Been to Quality Inn Near Downey Studios? Share your experiences!