“Nice little eating place.”
Review of Marketplace Grill

Marketplace Grill
Ranked #3 of 244 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Downey, California
“Nice little eating place.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My family and I visited this local restaurant for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It has been open for a little over a year and I had heard good reviews from friends.

My daughter and I ordered hamburgers; my son had the chicken tenders from the Kids Menu and my husband had a patty melt. Overall, the food was decent. My hamburger was a bit dry (though I'd asked for it medium-well). My husband was more impressed with his patty melt. He said it was delicious! The meals are served with medallion-cut potatoes and a small salad topped with feta cheese. Both were absolutely enjoyable. My son was also pleased with his chicken tenders. They were savory and tender!

The prices are a tad high for the quality. We had a "Buy One, Get One Free" coupon which made it worth our visit. Otherwise, I'm not sure if I'd pay full price. The place is clean and nicely furnished. The service is minimal and courteous as you order your food at the counter and a server brings it to your table.

We will definitely return (with coupon in hand)... maybe next time we'll try their desserts... lots to choose from! I've got my eye on some baklava! :-)

• Visited January 2013

Long Beach, California
“Value for your money!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was excellent, the location was clean, and the prices were reasonable. Overall, had a good experience dining in. Would definitely return to try their breakfast.

Whittier, California
“Delicious and tasty”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I went twice this month. Food is great the prices are reasonable. I have introduced this location to my family.

Downey, CA
“It was ok”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The food was decent but nothing extremely memorable. The service was ok but I waisted the place when it first opened. It's probably much better by now as I assume they were working out the kinks.

Visited July 2012
Chino, California
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very high quality food and service. I think Downey has no other that can compete with this restaurant. The only thing that I didn't like was the very big size of the portions. But the food is so delicious that you want to eat it all. Service is brilliant. You can feel almost NAVY standards of training and discipline.

Visited October 2012