“Fun place”

Bob's Big Boy Broiler
Ranked #15 of 251 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is your average Bob's old style diner. They have all the regular menu items but I really enjoy their their bacon cheeseburgers. I have always gotten really good service here.

6  Thank melsdad2002

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was in love with this Big Boy restaurant upon parking my car on the street and walking up to a car show in the parking lot! After checking out the rides in the lot, I came in the restaurant and was promptly seated with my friends. Our waitress was very friendly and our food came promptly after we ordered! Everything was perfect! I enjoyed sitting in the booth watching hot rods pull in while dining and having a beer! Nothing beats this!

4  Thank redline1010
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Bob's Big Boy sits on the remains of Harvey's, a Downey Icon that has been used in numerous films and commercials. It is one of the last Big Boy's around. When I go I tend to get the pasta with chili. Sounds different, but believe me don't knock it until you try it. The atmosphere is very old time diner, the staff is great, the service is fairly fast, and they even have a drive thru. Their shakes are good and thick. a great weekly spot.

4  Thank Dereck C
Reviewed March 26, 2013

While this building has very little left from the iconic original building, it still emits car culture and history. Location made famous in the 1980's movie, License to Drive, called Archie's Atomic. Original building partially torn down around 2007. This new building opened in 2009. I think the rage sign on top is original. The service was great and so was my food. I stopped for breakfast and it was very slow, only 4 or 5 locals in there.

4  Thank Jeffrey S
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great place and an excellent example of vintage architecture, both the exterior and the interior.
The food is good and the service fast and friendly -Jeanette made us feel like old friends.
Very highly recommended.