“The World's Oldest McDonald's”
Review of McDonald's

McDonald's
Ranked #68 of 250 Restaurants in Downey
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was a fun place for a meal. I haven't been to a McDonald's for years, but I wanted to visit the oldest one. Good pictures with the big sign. Fun to order outside. Having a museum was nice. Food wasn't bad either (for fast food).

1  Thank Cindy__31589

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Looks just like it did when it opened on my little bothers birthday in 1953. I think corporate hate the place because it does not conform to anything they run today, but you can see the original golden arches and have an idea where "in and out burger" got its colour and theme design from ... not worth the drive but worth a look if you close by

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Gave it a five for its historical value, not the food. It's McDonald's need I say more...

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I just happened upon this place by mistake. It’s actually the oldest operating McDonald’s. It’s the fourth one built, opened in 1953. 50's music plays over the loud speakers. They have a cool museum display & it’s FREE. It’s nothing to brag about but it’s kool to see all the vintage memorabilia. Hey, what do you want for free!! Just be careful of the pigeon/bird poop. The birds like to hang out there. The food is fine. You pay today’s prices, mind you. They have the fried apple pies like how they used to be made, yummy, yummy. I got my service with a smile and my fillet-o-fish. I’m happy.

3  Thank DaisyTraveler
Reviewed October 25, 2011

You can buy tshirts & other such souveneirs here. They also have a cafe. The cafe was closed when I got there because it was too late. All I ate were fries which tasted fine to me! Your typical McDonalds fries! I just had to go because it was the oldest McDonalds! There's a pretty neat museum that's small but has tons of information! It's definitely worth making a pit stop if you are in the area!

Been to McDonald's? Share your experiences!