“unsatisfactory”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Downey
BURLEY, ID
“unsatisfactory”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I reserved this place after seeing the rate and location. We traveled from Idaho and when I was 30 min away I received an email that I had cancelled my reservation. I contacted them and they gave me a name of a person who had cancelled my reserv. After arriving I received two explanations as to what had happened. If I had not known how to speak Spanish I would have not understood. After it was all fixed and we went to our room it looked like pictures on the internet except they cleanliness was not up to par. You could see the dust on top of light fixtures. When I removed the blow dryer you could literally see the hole in the wall in the next room. The breakfast consisted of muffins and coffee. The toilets backed up constantly. Since they had already charged my credit card we endured 3 nights of it. I would definitely not return back to this place. There is also a language barrier we arrived very late one night with no where to park and when I asked the clerk where to park he was very rude and cut me off and made me feel pretty dumb that I didn't see the back parking lot. Wi-Fi they had ran ok, but even with a 4g phone the service died in the room. will not be returning to this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Studio Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It is unfortunate to hear of the bad experience you encountered while staying at our Downey property. Please know that you were immediately checked back into our system once we learned of the mistake we made of cancelling your reservation. We are glad that once that mistake was rectified that you decided to stay with us for the remainder of the nights you had initially booked. About the parking situation, we have ample parking space for all of our guest to use. We have a front and back parking space, so there is always an available parking space for every single one of our valued guests. Thank you once again for the feedback as this information we help us tremendously at improving those areas were improvements is needed.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Walt Disney World, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2013

first impression. rude asian guy checking in. decided to make fun of my passport picture and showed it to other guests waiting to check in (who didn't look very pleased either about the service)
Once the ordeal in check in I was given candle lights for my room as the lights were not working.
rooms are fairly average but the welcome made me feel rather unwelcome so would not be staying in again.

Room Tip: avoid ! find another place more central and with better manners...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LIFEJOURNEYWORLDWIDE
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Studio Inn And Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Please accept our apologies on your recent stay at Studio Inn and Suites. Please know that what you experienced while you were checking-in is not of a typical day here at our Downey property. The demeanor you encountered while checking-in is unacceptable and wrong in all aspects. I will personally speak with the night team member so this does not occur again, a thing that should have not happened in the first place. Also, while you were checking-in, our power did went out but for only a couple of minutes, and for that reason, candles were given to you so that you would not walk into a dark room. As you found out, the power did come back a couple of minutes later. We hope you can provide us with another opportunity at showing you that we care for our guest, and again please accept our most sincere apologies.

Downey, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

the rooms were nice and clean the service was very good nice and polite staff.
a good place for relaxation and comfort.
the pool and patio area is very nice to swim and have a fun time. i especially like the king bed suites they are very big and spacious.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are glad to hear of how great you enjoyed staying at Studio Inn and Suites. As you might already know, at Studio Inn and Suites, we always strive to have our rooms as immaculate as possible. And thanks to your comment, we know that our team members are doing a great job in that aspect. Yes, our Suites, are really spacious and all of our rooms do come with a brand new bedding package, flat screen television, microwave, fridge and we also offer free parking, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast. Our pool also offers a great place for relaxation and enjoyment. Thank again for providing us and future guest with you feedback on Studio Inn and Suites.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a cheap, mediocre motel. Nothing more, nothing less. Due to the astonishing reviews(#1 in Downey), we(a family of 5) chose to stay in this place instead of other good hotels. We were strongly disappointed. "The breakfast buffet" is the poorest ever: A barrel of juice, a coffee brewer and some cheap muffins, for take away only. The pool is extremely small, situated at the parking lot. The parking lot has many old, crashed and dirty cars, which probably gives a good impression of the average guest/tenant at this establishment. This is definately not a place for holiday or business accomodation. The only businessmen here will be the ones fooled by the extremely good reviews, which content has nothing to do with real life at the Studio Inn and Suites in Downey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Studio Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking a minute out of your busy schedule to provide us and future guest to read. As you might have noticed when you checked in, all of our rooms have been recently remodeled from top to bottom. We have a new bedding package and all our rooms do have a flat screen television( HD channels included!), microwave, fridge and free and fast Wi-Fi. We also have a twenty-four hour front desk at your service shall you need anything brought to your room. Our continental breakfast is composed of bagels, toast, jelly, fruits (apples and oranges), freshly brewed coffee, and different variety of muffins. Also, as you were able to see, we do monitor the parking lot every hour and cater to tourists from all around the world. Thank you once more for your feedback, as this feedback will help us to continue on improving the areas were improvement is needed.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The room was nice. Management was very eager to please, and brought us an extra blanket when we requested. There was a small problem with the shower head at first, but we let the manager know.
Suggestions: have extra blankets in the room already. Add cereal options to the breakfast.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Studio Inn And Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay at Studio Inn and Suites. As you may have already found out, our entire rooms have been recently remodeled, which include a brand new bedding package, as well as flat screen HD television and programming. We offer free complimentary continental breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking. Our continental breakfast include freshly brewed coffee, muffins, toast, jelly, orange juice and fresh fruits. We hope you will be able to stay with us next time you are in the Los Angeles area.

Banning, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love Studio Inn & Suites! I have been coming here for about 2 years now whenever I come out to Downey, I call to book my room and Luis always remembers me and the room I like the best before I even have to say anything! It is always such a great feeling when he remembers me and even which room i like to have! They are so personable,and have the BEST Customer Service ever. They have upgraded their rooms and the TV's and cable service. It is only a couple of blocks from MANY Restaurants, including fast food or a sit down dinner! There is also shopping center in the same area with the restaurants! They also have breakfast every morning! The rooms are very nice! The last time I stayed (just 2 weeks ago) I forgot to bring some utensils with me and they gave me some and asked if I needed anything else! They patrol the parking lot at night and I have never had a problem with my vehicle or unruly hotel guests! They run a warm, friendly place and you will want to go back again and again! Thank you to all who work there and the housekeepers are excellent!

Room Tip: I always love the room above the pool, but everyone has what they like best! All of the rooms are gr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen C
Thank you so very much for the great review you have on our Downey property. We are extremely happy to read that you are a returning guest and that our front desk always remembers you and always is able to provide you with the room you like the most. You have nicely stated that all our rooms have been recently remodeled ,and now all rooms have HD programming, as well as free On Demand options. As you know, we try to keep a serene and peaceful place so that all of our guest can have a restful night so that they may start their day full of energy. We have a twenty-four hour front desk that is always at your service. Once again, we are glad you are a continuing guest and that everything inside the room is to your liking. Hope to hear from you soon!!!

South Wales
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Recommend - Excellent Stay 13th – 19th June

My Partner researched this accommodation before booking and we were not disappointed. We traveled from the UK and arrived late afternoon. We were greeted by a welcoming staff member, who ran through everything we needed to know for our stay and directed to our room. (We had hired a car and there are ample parking spaces.)

Our room was quite spacious for the two of us, a very large bed, bathroom with over bath shower and toilet, which I may add were absolutely spotless. (Numerous clean good quality towels), in the main part of the room there is a sink and the surround is quite large and on this is a coffee maker for your use. Air conditioning works well. Also in the room there are adequate storage cupboards for your clothes etc, large flat screen TV and a large fridge for your use. There is also a small dining room table with chairs. We popped up to the local supermarket and stocked up on some items. There is a small pool, with some sun loungers, which is also clean and spotless.

This accommodation is close to all the shops restaurants and junction to highways etc.

The room was cleaned daily and towels replenished.

We had a complimentary breakfast which you can collect from the main office lobby. It may not be vast – but we found it satisfactory for us, bread, toaster, jams, cakes,milk, coffee, and tea. Which we took back to our room.

We noticed business people use this accommodation to stay along with holiday makers.

About just over a 5 min walk up the road, there are a number of shops and restaurants, a short drive away is a supermarket with pharmacy and again further down that road there are many more restaurants – theatre, etc

The staff are friendly and welcoming; we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a base to use to travel around this part of LA.

We traveled to Santa Monica, San Diego, Sea World, Malibu, Six flags, Queen Mary at Long Beach, Hollywood walk of Fame, Chinese theatre. We also booked to see The Los Angeles Angels and New York Yankees baseball game, which we thoroughly enjoyed – sitting with local supporters, who were really friendly and explained the rules etc.

We stayed here for nearly a week and then packed and traveled onto Las Vegas. The only downside – LA traffic – can be extremely busy.

Room Tip: Higher floor maybe, it is on a busy road, but we didn't here any traffic at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WelshLady60
WOW!!! is the first word that comes to mind when reading the wonderfully detailed review you have on our Downey property. We are extremely jubilant to read how great your stay was and that you found every single thing in the room to your liking. Yes, all of our rooms are nonsmoking and the one you booked comes with a spacious king size bed, microwave, flat screen television and fridge. We also offer free complimentary continental breakfast and Wi-Fi. Our team members always strive to keep the rooms as immaculate as possible, and we replenish clean towels on a daily basis. Studio Inn and Suites in centrally located to many nearby attractions, which means, we are only half an hour away from places such as Knott's Berry Farm. Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood. Thank you once again for the magnificent feedback you have on our property, and we hope you will be able to stay with us next time you come visit beautiful Southern California.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Downey
Days Inn Downey
Days Inn Downey
#3 of 8 in Downey
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles-Downey
Quality Inn Near Downey Studios
Best Western Norwalk Inn
Americas Best Value Inn South Gate
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Commerce

Been to Studio Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!