“6 days stay and will return next season”
Review of Indian Creek Lodge

Indian Creek Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Douglas City B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“6 days stay and will return next season”
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We used the Indian Creek Lodge as a 'home base' of sorts for a 6 day trip to the Trinity Alps area. An excellent value for those looking for a very clean and comfortable place to kick up your heels after a long day in the mountains.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lasvegasrider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Whitmore, California
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Indian Creek Lodge looks sort of retro and quaint from the outside, but not on the inside! The 3 of us stayed in the 2-bedroom suite with a well-stocked kitchenette and were more than pleasantly surprised when we walked in. It was spacious and immaculately clean. with lots of little special touches. We got the super-gracious and friendly owner to show us some of the other smaller rooms which were equally desirable or even better. Everyone in our row had their own BBQ and picnic table out in back of their room with the river running by not too far away. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2-night stay and would go back whenever we could. This place is more than great!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank flowerfreak101
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed June 4, 2010

“We stayed a couple days in the 2 bedroom suite with kitchenette.
Very roomy suite, nice clean kitchenette and bathroom.
It is was really great to come back from a busy day of fishing and site-seeing to such a comfortable home.
The back porch overlooking the Trinity River right at the Indian Creek was so relaxing.
In the evening it was a great place to enjoy the sunset and barbeque up some dinner.
Also in the nearby town of Lewiston there is a nice small winery...a must-visit! http://www.onemaplewinery.com/

For great night life and dinner...Weaverville has a very welcoming bar/restaurant called the La Grange Cafe”

Stayed May 2010
2 Thank mrfish007
McKinleyville, California
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The new owners of this place were the friendliest people I have ever met in a hotel or motel. They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable in our stay and were very helpful in giving us information on the local area. The room was small but that is all we needed. And was very reasonably priced. I want to go back in the summer time when the fish are running and take advantage of their river access

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank clc88
Fresno, California
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I just spent two nights at Indian Creek Lodge, and they were wonderful. The place is run by longtime locals, a married couple, who know the area like the back of their hands. They were very friendly and want to make your stay in the area a great experience.
The lodge sits right where Indian Creek rushes down into the Trinity, which flows right behind the lodge.
The room was spotless, including the bathroom, and all the furnishings were things that i would pick out for my own home.
The sheets, pillows and comforter did not feel like motel linens...I felt like i was in my mom's guest room. The nights were chilly, and the bedding was so cozy.
The lighting was warm and homey.....the bedside lamps were perfect for reading, not glarey and harsh as in some motels.
I didn't watch TV, but there's an unobtrusive flat-screen TV, and the microwave and refrigerator are hidden in a wooden chest of drawers, so they're out of sight.
I"m a notoriously bad motel sleeper, but i slept like a log both nights. It was quiet, and if i opened the small window in the bathroom i could hear the frogs peeping in the Trinity River out back.
The area is gorgeous. In early May, the Trinity Alps still had quite a bit of snow, making them look even bigger and more dramatic. Just down the road to the east is Whiskeytown Lake, which is huge and beautiful. I didn't have a chance to do any hiking, but i know there are trails very close by. And Weaverville, just about 5-10 minutes up the road, is a funky, charming town. It's got a lot of history, but it's also where nice folks actually live.
I am definitely going back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I Travel half the year chasing Anadromous fish, And I stay at lots of lodges, motels etc. But for Me, there is only one home away from home, And The Indian Creek Lodge is it. Clean, Quite, great staff and right on the Trinity River. Only a few hours from Reno, And Your at a Jewel of a River and a Jewel of a Lodge. William Robinson,( Fly Fishing Fool) Reno Nevada

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
N. California
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My husband and I first met in 2004. Our first trip together before we were married was to the coast, Crescent City, and along the way, as I had grown up in Northern
california since I was ten (don't tell anyone), I had always passed by the Indian Creek Lodge and wanted to stay there and see what it was like. Well I mentioned to my husband to be at that time and he said then we will. So not too long after we made reservations for a room with a kitchenette and stayed for a few days more than we had planned because we liked it so much!!! I cannot express the degree of hospitality and kindness that we were extended during our stay and have since been back sveral times to enjoy more of it. It has been a while since we have been back due to not having the time but I keep wanting to and hopefully soon. Kind of a nastalgic thing. If you do decide to stay there I know your experience will be as nice as ours was. Enjoy! Wendy Pizzi

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends

Been to Indian Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!