“What a great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Dixon Davis
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Copenhagen, Denmark
“What a great place to stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was a GREAT place to stay and it exceeded our expectations. The pool area and the service at the reception was top dollar! We regret that we arrived late but made up by departing later the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Roberto M, Manager at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Peter,

Thank you for you recent time and appreciate you took the time to review our property. We are proud to know we exceeded your expectations and happy that you had a chance to relax by our pool area. Thank you for your stay and hope to see you soon.

Best Western Plus Inn Dixon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here while attending Pin-A-Go-Go in May of 2013. Due to some bad travel planning on my behalf, I arrived several hours before check in (3:00 PM). After collecting my rental car and driving to the hotel, I inquired with the front desk regarding checking in early. I was over three hours early (the pinball show began at 1PM). The woman at the front desk was very professional and polite. Although my room was not ready when I arrived she took my cell # and promised to call me when the room was ready. She also answered all my questions, recommended places to get some lunch and what to do around town until my room was ready. A bit over one hour later I received the call my room was ready! I checked in and proceeded to my pinball show. The room was clean and comfortable; the hotel was nice and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. I was so happy with this property I have already made my reservation for May 2014. I would highly recommend this property, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, in a quiet corridor away from the ice machine and other such traffic-g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Brian H,

Thank you for your amazing review of our property. I am glad to hear our staff was able to provide you with an early check in and you were able to enjoy our accommodations during the Pin A Go Go event. We hope to see you again for the 2014 Pin-A-Go-Go.

Kind regards,

California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I think I may have reviewed this motel before, since I have been passing through the area quite a lot the past few years, but I think they have upgraded the rooms recently. The room was quieter, and the bed was very comfortable. I got a good night's sleep. This is not a luxury hotel, and people should not expect luxuries for the price. My rating of 5 is based on what I expect at this price: it can't be compared to a resort hotel. However, it has what we needed: clean, comfortable rooms, convenient to the freeway, wireless access, and included breakfast. I used the fitness center this time, and found the machines to be basic but adequate; it was nice to get a good workout. The breakfast is also basic but adequate: cereal, rolls, yougurt, a few hot items (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage). It is a good value, and we would be happy to stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jane T013,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review our property. We were glad to have you return to our property and appreciate your comments about our rooms and amenities. We look forward to your return on your next visit to our area.

Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Inexpensive, great room with fridge and microwave, comfortable bed, and free WiFi! Breakfast was adequate, but the friendly staff made up for what it lacked. This is a pet friendly hotel, and there were many people with dogs big, small and medium, but surprisingly we heard no barking, although we did see guests walking their dogs around the grounds. Their is no elevator, and this was a problem for us as our room was on the second floor - carrying luggage up concrete open steps is hard, even for the most nimble. However, the front desk staff were quick to call someone from their maintenance staff to assist us.

Room Tip: Request room on first floor if you are disabled in any way. They have a building adjacent to the ma...
Dear Marlene70,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to submit a review of our property. We appreciate your comments on our staff's performance and will pass on your comments to them. We are a pet friendly property with pet policies that guarantee a comfortable stay for all our guests. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you soon.

Gardnerville, Nevada
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are in the Dixon area fairly regularly and stay at this hotel several times a year. We love this hotel for several reasons. First, the staff is always professional and very friendly and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Second, the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. And, finally, the rooms are very quiet and the beds are very comfortable. Even though the hotels sits next to I-80, you don't hear any freeway noise and, as many times as we've stayed there, we've never heard noise from neighboring rooms. In fact, I actually sleep better here than I do at home. Seriously! They do offer a hot breakfast and the breakfast sitting area is large. If you want something more than scrambled eggs and sausage, then, you can walk across the street to Denny's. Last, but not least, coffee is available 24 hours/day and it's good.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Roberto M, Manager at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Bill M,

Thank you for posting a review of our property, we were happy to have you with us again. I appreciateyour great comments about our staff and their performance, we are proud of the great customer service they provide for our beloved guests and will pass on your compliments to them. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home and look forward to your return.

Best Western Plus Inn
Dixon CA
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel a few times a year, sometimes for work, sometimes with my spouse, sometimes as a family, in 30+ years this is the WORST hotel room EVER!!!!
From the outside it looked great, boy were we mistaken.
The room was filthy, there were cob webs everywhere, hair in the bath tub, a layer of dirt on all the base boards, a dried on mucus spit on the bathroom wall, and when my kid dropped the remote behind the bed, I was DISGUSTED to pull up 3 years worth of other peoples hair with the remote.
The beds were so cheap, flimsy and uncomfortable.
The topper was the air conditioner crapping out at 2:00 a.m. leaving a sweltering room in the middle of the night! The front desk guy brought us a fan, so we could cool it enough to not have to move our kids in the middle of the night.
The front desk manager in the morning was less than apologetic, he did nothing to offer any apology or compensation.
We took pictures of the filth, it has been reported to the health department, and BW Head office
Best words of advice, STAY AWAY!

2 Thank Moosemama22
Roberto M, Manager at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Moosemama22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sad to learn that your stay was not enjoyable. Your comments on our housekeeping are duly noted and have already been passed to our housekeeping manager to make these issues are properly addressed to make sure this does not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to WOW you during your next stay with us.

Kind regards,

Best Western Plus Inn
San Rafael, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A great motel for the price. Very clean and updated rooms, nice pool, but the pool side is small, small but good fitness room with steam room. Decent breakfast, not the best but included bagels, yogurt, pastry, some fruit cut up in a bowl, 2 juice choices, coffee, make your waffles (good but must be patient). Very nice staff and clean, spacious rooms. Motel is located near several fast food restaurants, starbucks, yogurt shop, deli, Safeway and a Chinese restaurant. Two complaints is one: the bed was somewhat uncomfortable and i am at the age I just need to start bringing my own pillow, 2) the water pressure is low.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Rex S:

First and foremost, thank you for your recent stay and completing this review. It was a pleasure having you and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your room and found our proximity to local businesses convenient. Your support and feedback inspires our staff to provide every guest with the best customer service every day! We hope to see you again soon before the summer ends. Thank you for the amazing review!

BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn Dixon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
Motel 6 Dixon
#3 of 5 in Dixon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area

Been to Best Western Plus Dixon Davis? Share your experiences!