Best Western Plus Dixon Davis
Motel 6
$85
Dixon Motel(Dixon)(Great Value!)
$75
Hyatt Place UC Davis(Davis)(Great Value!)
$129
$123
  • Breakfast included
$71
$109
ExtendedStay
$134
AscendHotels
Best Western University Lodge(Davis)(Great Value!)
$123
$120
$99
$96
Travelocity
All reviewssteam roommake your own wafflesno elevatorpool area isneeded a place to staynice hotelwould stay here againcomfortable roomsyogurtgreat place to stayfridge and microwavenon smokinghot tubcontinental breakfastcoffee makerair conditionerminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

As family members have recently moved up to this area(Vacaville), we were looking for a hotel that we could rely on to come and stay possibly one weekend a month. Being a BW Platinum Elite
member and seeing prior TA reviews, I thought this place would be a good fit.
Disappointingly, it did not live up to its billing of a BW Plus hotel.
Starting out with trying to make reservations( we were looking to book 4-5 rooms), the person on the phone seemed hurried, I was put on hold once during this call, and was not given correct information when I inquired about certain rooms being available( and this call was placed over a week before we were to stay).
I had to revise reservations a few days later and was put on hold TWICE by the same person this time.( I gave up, hung up, and called at a later time)
They have two buildings, one closer to the freeway than the other. The one away from the freeway has indoor hallways and I would imagine is a bit quieter than the other although having a room that overlooked the dumpster and the on ramp to the freeway didn't make it that quiet.
The room itself was all right. The bed was comfortable,wifi was fine, always good to have a refrigerator. bathroom was okay, good size but the bath towels are fairly small and ours were pretty threadbare.
The pool area is nice but it is small and difficult to maneuver around with little space to walk with the lounges out. They do not have towels out by the pool as you have to get them from the front desk- a bit of an inconvenience.
The breakfast was lacking. I had read on TA about what a nice breakfast room it had, but when we saw it, it had 2-3 tables-very cramped and crowded and really not anyone looking after the items. We found out the next day that there was an adjoining room that opened and had many more tables. It would have been obvious to any of the staff to open the doors so people could sit down. And this was right around 8:00a.m in the middle of their breakfast rush.
The next morning we did see that those doors were open, but we got there a little later(about 30 minutes before breakfast ended and they were out of items(sausage) and were not going to be replaced.( We sent our boys to Dennys just outside the parking lot).
The worst part though would have to be the service we got trying to reserve and then checking in. I asked again about the availability of a certain type of room and was told they were not available-sold out. When I brought it up later that evening with different staff, I was told that indeed, those rooms were available.(Platinum Elite members sometimes get upgrades based on availability-if you don't want to give one, just say so, don't make up stories)
I also asked to have the manager/owner contact me both when trying to make reservations(phone) and also when we checked in(card to staff) and have yet to hear from him, although it seems he responds to positive TA reviews.
As stated earlier, the hotel has very good potential but not having good personnel can ruin it.
There are too many other options in the area to at which to stay instead of leaving after a weekend feeling very disappointed and "blown off."

Room Tip: depends where they place you. They might put you in the "quiet building" but next to on ramp
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager059, Owner at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Let me start by thanking you for choosing us for your recent stay. I personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am sorry for the inconveniences you had to go through while making your reservations and for our Front Desk Agent not being accurate in providing the proper information in regards to the upgrade, he should have explained that the suites were not available for an upgrade as we were down to our last rooms. I thank you for your comments and will be using them to implement an immediate action plan to ensure a pleasant stay for our beloved guests. I hope you give us the opportunity of another visit to provide you with the superior Best Western Plus experience our guests deserve.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

ave stayed in ten Best westerns this year and this is the best. The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The breakfast area is large and very clean. The staff is very helpful and make the stay plesant. It is quiet even though it is next to I-80. There is a nice pool and hot tub. Shoping close by. Great stay.

Room Tip: No elevators so if you are not up to stairs ask for first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager059, Owner at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind comments about our property. It really makes us proud to know our staff is making sure our guests have a comfortable and pleasant stay. We are glad you had the chance to visit our breakfast room and enjoy our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. We will be honored if you stay with us during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were just looking for a place to stay on our way to the San Francisco area. If you are looking for a nice hotel with updated clean room and continental breakfast included, this is it. As you get closer to San Francisco and the East Bay area, you do not necessarily get a nicer or safer place to stay at a MORE expensive price. You can not beat the price we paid at this Best Western Plus for the quality and security...We enjoyed out stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JLSThousandOaks_CA

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at theBest Western Plus Inn Dixon. I was pleased to see that our cleanliness, value and convenient location exceeded your expectations. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Best Western Plus Inn
Dixon CA

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was my first time at a Best Western and I did not know what to expect - it is right off the freeway, but I did not hear any noise at all and I am a very light sleeper! The rooms were very clean - we stayed for over a week and it was always immaculate. The staff are incredibly helpful and accommodating. Unbelievably well-priced. Cute pool for a dip. Really close - less than ten minute drive - to Davis. Tip - stay in the non-smoking building - secure and no smoking. Also, no noise from neighboring rooms :) A supermarket is a two minute walk to get food for the microwave and fridge. Thank you Best Western Plus Inn Dixon for your accommodations when we needed a lengthy stay!

Room Tip: Non-smoking building - quiet and secure :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travelingcookie6
Manager059, Owner at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear Travelingcookie6:

Thank you for your kind comments about our property and staff. We take pride in our staff's performance and it makes us happy to hear such a wonderful feedback from our guests. We hope to have you with us in future visits.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

THis hotel is adjacent to Hwy I80 and is a very well run establishment. The room are comfortable and the facilities are ideal for an overnight stay. Nearby are restaurants that will meet evryone's needs and a major Supermarket.
The breakfast is continental but well presented and stocked.
I have stayed at this hotel many times and am comfortable in making a recommendation

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cameron E
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Cameron,

Thank you for honoring us with your stay during recent visit to the area. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our continental breakfast, we are in the permanent process of improving the options we proivide for our guests. Thank you for coming back to your home away from home and hope to see you in your future visit.