“A very good experience”

Best Western Plus Dixon Davis
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My expectation of a predictably excellent experience at yet another Best Western motel was not disappointed. The lobby and room were immaculately clean and well- stocked. The bed perfectly comfortable. The shower pressure and towels luxurious by any standard. Easy free parking. Continental breakfast. Quiet surroundings. Friendly and efficient front desk service. All for a great value. Thanks again, Best Western!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Manager059, Owner at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

On behalf of the entire Best Western Plus Inn Dixon team I would like to say thank you for your wonderful comments and for staying with us during your visit. We are happy that you are pleased with our service and facilities. We look forward to the opportunity of future visits

Best Western Plus Inn
DIxon CA

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My teenage daughter and I stayed here overnight unexpectedly, when her sports tournament in nearby Davis ran late. We were told Davis was booked because of students returning to the university, plus I knew Dixon would be cheaper than Davis. I called and the staff person was very helpful, reserved us a double queen room at a reasonable rate, (about $75) and patiently gave us directions.

Fifteen minutes later, we checked in. The hotel is right next to a major freeway, and our double queen was on the freeway side. He said it wasn't noisy, but I asked for something else. All he had was a king, but it was in a building on the street side, so we took it. The man who checked us in was professional, friendly, polite, and accommodating. Gave us toothbrushes and toothpaste. We had a very early game, and normally, he said the free breakfast starts at 7. Because there were so many youth sports, he said they would open it at 6. That was really helpful, although the breakfast doesn't have any hot food and doesn't match some other chain hotels. Daughter was OK with it, though we were both a bit too tired to taste anything. ;>)

We went out to dinner before hitting the room, and only about 7 hours there. Restaurants nearby, BTW, were all chains -- ugh -- but at least there were some open late with food we found edible if not good.

Room was relatively spacious. Very quiet; never once noticed the freeway noise. King bed, a loveseat (not big enough to sleep on and not a pull-out). But the bed size was roomy enough to spare, firm and comfortable. There was very small kitchenette area, with fridge, micro, a little sink, a smidge of counter space, and a one-cup coffeemaker. Note: Fridge had one of those half-freezers, which is not big enough for more than a couple ice packs. The area in the summer is very hot and dry and if you travel with a cooler and ice packs, it won't be sufficient to freeze them. Ice machine was right next to our room, which was convenient in our case. Had we stayed longer, being next to the ice machine might not have been pleasant, as it's the only one for the whole wing, including the second floor. It all worked out fine, though.

The room was very clean, including the bathroom, which looked like it had been updated in the last 2-3 years. Not gorgeous, but very acceptable. I used the tub, not shower. My daughter showered, and complained that the water pressure was so low she couldn't rinse out the conditioner and had to stick her head under the tub faucet. I noticed that the soap didn't seem to want to rinse off my skin and made the tub very slippery. It's possible the water was hard and contributed to both problems.

Lighting was good, clock radio alarm worked. We didn't need the air conditioning, so can't comment on the climate control. There was an extra blanket in the closet. One negative was the smell in the room. Not an unclean smell; more like air freshener or cleansers or something, which I found unpleasant.

Overall, excellent service, good rates, and a clean, comfortable room. Extremely suitable for our very brief stay. When you're dashing in and out and really need a good night's sleep, it's important to have a hassle-free check-in, and then find lodging that is clean, convenient, and comfortable. The Best Western Plus fit the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-freeway side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Aliesse
Manager059, Manager at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We at the Best Western Plus Inn Dixon appreciate the feedback that you have given us. It is always great to hear from our guests about the experiences they have at our hotel. We are happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at the Best Western Plus Inn Dixon.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Inn Dixon. We look forward to having you with us on your next visit to the area.

Best Western Plus Inn Dixon CA

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Had to go to Dixon for a family occasion so this is not a town I’d normally stay in and as it’s a small town there are not a lot of choices. This hotel met our needs, it was clean, not much noise seeing it was right next to the freeway and it was pretty well maintained. When I was swimming with my daughter they brought out a blow up kids toy for her to play with in the pool, I thought that was a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Manager059, Owner at Best Western Plus Dixon Davis, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus Inn Dixon CA. We appreciate your comments as the opinion of our guest is very important to us. Your positive words help us to continue working hard to make our guests happy during their stay with us.

Once again thank you for recent stay. My staff and I hope to see you on your next visit.

Best Western Plus Inn
Dixon CA

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights to attend a wedding, then sightseeing around Napa Valley and San Francisco. We chose this hotel because it was centrally located to everything we wanted to do. We had trouble getting into our room because the desk clerk mixed our room up with room across the hall. Never had that happen before, but it was quickly resolved. Staff were very nice and this was the only glitch. We had asked for a room away from the highway, and they accommodated us on that request; it was very quiet in spite of the highway being right THERE. Our daughter, the bride, came to visit us and commented on the cleanliness and nice smell of the room. She was very happy we were in a nice, clean, safe place. Beds were decent, we did not wake up with sore backs! Dixon is a cute little town, and the hotel is in a charming retail neighborhood, complete with Starbucks, Safeway, Baskin Robbins, Denny's, IHop all right there, plus some fast food places. We had a rental car, but could ave easuly walked to most of these places. Breakfast was ok, the usual muffins, cereal, and waffle maker. Pool and hot tub were very clean; grandpa went in with the 2 year old grandson and he would have never done so if the pool was not up to his standards of cleanliness! There are several roadside fruit stands on the highways close by. All in all we enjoyed ourselves immensely and would recommend the BW in Dixon to anyone. A good solid place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Mimistiggers
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Coming from Southern Oregon to attend the NHRA Drag Races, we found this
motel to be outstanding !!! Nice price, Clean, spacious rooms with refrigerator,
microwave. Love the "clean style" TV remote control, very friendly service, ammenities, complimentary breakfast, USA Today newspaper, pool/although we didn't use it. Centrally located with gas stations/market, dinner at the Cattleman's restaurant with 10 percent discount, Denny's, IHOP, and of course Starbucks. We will be back FOR SURE !!! Rarely take the time to give a rating but this one deserves a "AAA" Sincerely, Joe, Debbie and our friends agreed (4 of us)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank joendebbie
Reviewed July 20, 2011

What more can you ask for? Needed a place to crash after kid's Davis softball tournament game went on too late. The area was busy w/multiple sports events that weekend and hotels were near capacity. Managed to find a room here though and am glad we didn't have to "settle" for something 2nd rate. Staff was friendly and helpful; even the continental breakfast was solid w/a good assortment of continental breakfast-y things. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Dixon is only a few freeway stops away from the more expensive Davis. Stay here instead to save som...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank norcali
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a nice looking hotel, and room was comfortable, bed was fine, breakfast fine. But I will not be staying there again. But, there was something sticky (ewww) on the side table of the bed. I had a late check in so I figured I 'd call in the morning and get it cleaned up, as I was staying 2 nights. I did call and the front desk apologized, and said they would make sure table was cleaned that day. When I got back ( late again) my room had not even been cleaned at all! It was late, I let it go, got into my unmade bed and avoided that table,. And I wonder what else they did not clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank timidtravelerUs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area
Motel 6 Dixon
Motel 6 Dixon
#4 of 5 in Dixon

Been to Best Western Plus Dixon Davis? Share your experiences!