“Try Bud's instead.”

Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Dixon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2015

Food quality has been lacking. Service is variable. This place desperately needs new management. I would rather drive another mile south and go to Bud's instead.

Date of visit: May 2015
Write a reviewReviews (140)

Reviewed August 17, 2015

There is always a wait for a table and to be served. Reservations are of some help. The food is excellent. The staff has always been able to deliver an end cut for prime rib. Salads are large and the restaurant is not stingy about salad dressing, just ask for more. Corking charges are reasonable if you bring your own wine. Staff will go out of their way to be accommodating.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Got seated at a table for two immediately upon entering. We were seated in what appeared to be a cattle stall (which appropriately matches the decor), but it also obscured our view of almost the entire restaurant. Our server was attentive, prompt and efficient. Sourdough bread is delicious, the salad bowl was perfectly sized for two, but a refills on bread and salad were available. Meals are massive, half rack of ribs and a football sized baked potato satisfied my need for beef. My wife's steak was perfectly cooked. Our server stayed on top of keeping our glasses filled and insuring that our needs were met.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed July 23, 2015

Have you ever been driving down the Highway, and looked up to see one of your favorite restaurants. This is one of those places for me. Cattlemen's offers such a great menu, and hard to beat prices for what you actually get. I am looking forward to stopping by again, and having a great Prime Rib. You never leave hungry....

Date of visit: July 2015
6  Thank NorCalWillS
Reviewed July 9, 2015

Stopped over for the first time on Mothers Day right after the fair in Dixon. We did not have reservations so they told us the wait time was about 45 minutes. We did wait outside for about that long but the people smoking kind of got to me so we waited inside. We were seated almost on the backside of the restaurant, it was quiet. I got the mothers day special which I am sure was prime rib, the spouse got a T bone and the kids got chicken. My prime rib was fantastic! The flavor was amazing and cooked well. The funny thing is I asked for Medium Rare because most places over cook their meat and this one came out perfect. The spouses T Bone was very underdone. He asked for Medium and his was still 'mooing' as he says. Very, very red but he ate it. The salad and sides they gave us was strange as it was group shared, wasn't that great. The chicken the kids got was just okay, they said they had better.

An expensive dinner, one of those places you visit once in a while.

Date of visit: May 2015

Been to Cattlemen's? Share your experiences!