“Perfect for a one night's stay”

Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
Pleasanton, Ca
“Perfect for a one night's stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

We stayed at the Super 8 for one night during my daughter's softball tournament. We weren't in the room much, but it was perfect for a one night's stay. The hotel and our room were spotless. There was a coffee maker, microwave, and fridge in the room. It was too cold outside for the girls to use the pool, but it was heated. There was also a small work out room. It is located next to the highway, so it could be noisy if your room face the highway. Our room was on the opposite side, so the noise didn't bother us. The breakfast was basic: juice, coffee, cereal, bagels, english muffins, danish, apples, and bananas. The girl at the front desk was very helpful. Great deal for $58.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank nancy343

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Stayed one night. It looked like it had been recently remodeled. Our room was clean and the carpet and furniture looked new. We were on the second floor on the backside of hotel away from the interstate which I would recommend. We were not bothered by noise but I think you might be on the front side. Breakfast was basic but everything looked clean. (prepackaged bagels, muffins,cereal). The price was the best I found in the area and I would stay there again.

• Liked — It was clean and the room was a good size
  • Disliked — not many places to eat close by
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
California
Reviewed October 1, 2007

My experience was nothing but horrific. It all started when I first checked in and my credit card was over charged by $1,500.00 and all the desk clerk could say was, “Opps”. I went down to the front desk to ask for another blanket and I was questioned by the desk clerk, “Why do you need one? Didn’t you already get one with the roll a way?” I did finally end up getting an extra blanket. The walls and the furniture where scratched, one of the bedspreads had a large rip in it and the pillowcases looked dirty. Being a non-smoker it was great the hotel was a non-smoking facility, however they do allow pets. As I was loading up my car you could see and smell the stench of dog droppings. This was my first, last and only stay in a Super 8 Motel. I would definitely not recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Super8Dixon, General Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this review, March 20, 2008
We would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had at our hotel. I would however like to respond to some of the statements in your post. Unfortunately the receptionist did accidently charge your card the wrong amount but did immediately credit it back to your account. For this we do apologize. The clerk did ask if you recieved a blanket with your rollaway but for no other reason but to keep track of our inventory. She did not mean to offend you with this statement. We are a pet friendly hotel and we do charge a $10 a night cleaning fee to thoroughly clean each room after departure. We ask that the pet owners walk their dogs in a designated area as well as pick up after their pet. Once again I would like to apologize for your stay and hope to get another chance to earn your patronage.

Travelers are raving about these Dixon hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2005

My husband, daughter, and my two sisters traveled from Oklahoma for my son's wedding. Dixon was the newest hotel in the area. We stayed at the hotel for 4 days. The staff, which was basically the hotel manager and his wife (with a few maids) were nice and friendly. The rooms were basic, but adequate. The complimentary breakfast consisted of bad coffee, a little cereal and packaged sweet rolls. The noise level in the halls was high. The real problem was that we had to constantly, everyday, go downstairs and beg for towels. The hotel literally ran out of large towels all together during our stay. We had to wait for hand towels and washclothes by the laundryroom. But still had to go down constantly to try to get enough hand towels and bath mats to use as large towels. The manager seemed unalarmed by this problem. Would we stay here again? No way. We want peace and quiet and not contant battle to just have the basics in bath linen.

Stayed June 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I do apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had at our hotel. However, we were not the owners of the hotel during your stay and would like to assure you that clean towels and linens are a number one priority to us. We run things much differently than the previous owners and hope to get a chance to prove that to you. Thank you.
MAGALIA
Reviewed March 13, 2005

Without a question the best Super 8 I have ever stayed in. Meticulously clean and well kept. An all Non-Smoking-Hotel! What you get is not luxury but definitely more than the bare basics of other Super 8 hotels. Rooms are large and well appointed, have microwaves and refrigerators, cable TV and all the little extras that make a stay enjoyable. The people at the reception desk go out of their way to please you. Complimentary continental breakfast in the morning is also better than usual. I recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to stay in the Sacramento area. Most Sacramento hotels of this class are less clean but more expensive. The drive takes about 20 minutes from Dixon to Downtown Sacramento, 10 minutes to UC Davis and the Mondavi Arts Center.

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank Buddy-Bear
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2003

This hotel in Dixon was the perfect spot to rest up before our trip to Lake Tahoe! It has everything, from an exercise room, pool, meeting room, and continental breakfast in the morning!The rooms were clean and spacious! This is definitely a different kind of Super 8, and it shows!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
Hyatt Place UC Davis
#1 of 11 in Davis
Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis

Been to Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis? Share your experiences!