“Overpriced for what you get”

Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We didn't check in until a little after 2 am. They allowed us to do a late check out at noon instead of 11, which was nice. but when your paying $98 to use the room for 9 hours, that doesn't seem like that big of a deal, Rooms were clean, Beds were rock hard and very low to the ground but the sheets and blankets were decent quality. The furniture was dated but the lighting was very bright. All rooms have a microwave and fridge. Room was hot when we arrived, but quickly cooled off once we turned on the AC and it has a wall thermostat which is nice. Only the fan was running when we got there. There is a train not far and you can definitely hear it. The Blackout curtains were barely wide enough to cover the window and it was pretty bright in the morning when the sun came up and the light shined through the sides of the curtains. The bathroom vanity is tiny and it's hard to put anything like make up, curling iron, blow dryer on it. Starting around 7 AM, doors started slamming out in the hall every 5 minutes. I know this can happen at any hotel, but it sure was annoying! We didn't make it out of bed in time to try the breakfast so I can't review the food, however I did see that the breakfast room was small and had a large, flat screen tv on the wall. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you prefer really hard beds and don't need much counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8Dixon, Owner at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Julzz123,

We thank you for your stay, and we will work hard to incorporate your feedback to help us do better in serving you. Please visit us again, and we will make sure you are happy with your room on your next stay. Thanks again for staying with us!

Dixon Davis Super 8 Management

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This Super 8 motel has a high level standard and quality of service that doesnt seem to be anywhere in Davis or Dixon. The Econo Lodge or Days Inn service reps were very rude and didnt seem to care, and there prices were exceptionally high for the small things.

Theres a gym,a pool, a guest laundry and the location is exceptional. The view from the 3rd floor has that nice red-purplish fade to black type of sunset. Other hotels didnt seem to have that location. Also freeeeee breakfeast!!!!!

Amazing place! Will always be back!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Dixon, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Reviewed August 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I read so many good things about the hotel, we decided to try it while visiting colleges for my daughter. The really good thing to be said about this place (and that goes a long way for me) is that the staff is extremely friendly. The place was neat and the breakfast was great. The downsides were that when my daughter checked the bed, there were some hairs on the sheets/pillowcases. They were clean, but I don't want to sleep with someone elses belongings. I called front desk and someone ran up quickly to our room with fresh sheets and seemed embarrassed and was very apologetic. The fresh sheets had no signs of hairs. The other reason I can't give this hotel a 5 (even though I really want to), is the mold in upper corner of shower. Also, the toilet paper holder didn't hold the toilet paper. I would really like to stay there again as my daughter may be attending college nearby, but I hope they will take care of mold, etc. Area was quiet and other than hearing other room doors being closed, didn't really hear any of the other guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Super8Dixon, Manager at Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear guest,
I apologize for the unpleasant occurrences you had during your stay with us. The hair on the sheet was a bi product of a clogged dryer screen which 9 out of 10 effectively removes hairs that might have made it through the washing process. We have remedied this issue and and have made our housekeepers aware of this problem. Thank you for your feedback and we will strive to be better for you in the future. Please call me directly in the future, and I will personally assure you a pleasant stay.

Shane GM

Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay in Fairfield and found that the Super8 had the best value. Microwave, fridge, and coffee maker in the room, electronic thermostat temp control, and the typical breakfast options. Saved $20 for driving a few minutes more.

Weekend Daytime manager Shu was like a concierge, making sure everyone, including the kids were happy and taken care of. Don't see that very often anymore, so Super8 Dixon gets my top thumbs up for value and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
#1 of 11 in Davis
Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area

Been to Super 8 Dixon/UC Davis? Share your experiences!