“Great value, Confortable, Convenient!”
Review of Motel 6 Dixon

Motel 6 Dixon
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
Yuba County CA
“Great value, Confortable, Convenient!”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

When opening the door to our room we were VERY peasantly surprised to find it was large, roomy & clean. The shower was great, & located high on the wall. Not like many motels that are placed low for midgets I guess... The highlight of the room was the king size bed. Normally, I don't do well sleeping on motel beds, this 1 was EXCELLENT! Both my wife & I got a good nights sleep for the 2 nights we stayed.

If you're into fast food, you'll be in heaven. There's every fast food place you can imagine, & then some all around the motel... most within walking distance. If you're a bit more health conscious like we are, there's a Safeway 1/4 mile down the road where there is almost limiless choices. Deli is great! Microtel supply a decent continental breakfast, fruit, coffee, cereal, muffins, bagels 'n stuff. If your into an elaborate breakfast, walk across the street to IHop.

The only real negative about this motel is the location. If your bothered by noise, keep in mind it's right next to the 80 freeway. I wore earplugs which pretty much took care of the problem.

Friendly staff... not really. But I wasn't there to make friends. For the money, $80 a night, it was a great value!!

• Liked — Comfortable bed, spacious room, location to UC Davis
  • Disliked — Proximity to freeway... freeway noise @ night.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Crow7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Novato California
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Having booked a room in February for arrival in June one would think a confirmed reservation would be just that, a confirmed reservation. Wrong. This was graduation weekend and rooms were very few to be found. Knowing we were going to very late (arrival after 1230am) I called the hotel direct at 530pm. I spoke to Claudia and she assured me there would be no problem with a late arrival. The room would be held for us. When we did arrive at 1225am, the gentleman at the front desk told us he had given our room away 20 minutes prior. He stated our credit card was declined for the room charges. I then remembered the bank had replaced our credit card due to mass fraud within their system. I was then informed I should have called with a new number. Perhaps had I thought about making the reservation 3 months prior I would have been more than happy to present this exclusive property a new number. I did not. I did call to tell them I would be late. Why did they not mention anything at that time. He knew we were to be there around 1230am, and we were. He was rude. When we asked if he had tried to call to inform us we were about to lose our reservation, he could not quite come up with an answer. Then he said he did call the travel agency who had booked the reservation. Gee, I happen to be the travel agent, and I received no call. We ended up checking into the Best Western at 1am to a wonderful suite. The staff could not have been nicer. The (very) little additional we ended up paying was well worth the cost.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trvl8gnt
new york
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Is okay for a one night stay and for the price. We thought the rooms were small. We moved up the road a little further for accomodations that would be better for a 3-4 night stay. It was clean, however. The staff seemed to be very impatient and nonconcerned with our simple requests. The two restaurants in the area that we tried (the mexican restaurant and ihop) were good. I believe you get discounts through each of the hotels to the same eating establishments.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank alwaysontheorad
Caterham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2007

This is a very convenient motel on I-80, located in a commercial area with numerous restaurants and a supermarket very close by.

The room was a really good size, with a sitting area and kitchen facilities. The lady on the front desk was most helpful and pointed out the discounts they had negotiated with local restaurants. You can hear the Interstate, but it's a constant noise and not particularly loud so it didn't bother us.

We didn't eat breakfast on site as the nearby IHOP tempted us, especially with the 15% discount!

• Liked — Large room, convenient location
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MrBen1
Lancaster CA
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My family has stayed at this Microtel 4 or 5 times on visits to our daughter at UC Davis, and we recommended it to family members this summer when they came out for her wedding. It's always been clean and well-kept. The rooms are comfortable, with a fridge and microwave (most of them have a counter with a small sink, I'm told they were originally 1-bed suites but now have two queens). You can hear the traffic on I-80 but it's never been a problem for us. On our last visit, the pool was cold but the spa was hot. There's a coin laundry and good wired or wireless Internet access. The staff has been very helpful when we needed anything extra. For the free breakfast there's cereal, rolls and bagels, coffee and juice. Several of the nearby restaurants give discounts when you show your room key/card.

Please don't rely on the 2004 review - it's never been anything like that on our stays with the new management.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank Ed_from_LA_County
SLC
Reviewed April 28, 2007

Things were relatively fine until we checked out. The girl at the desk (Claudia) would not give me a print out of our charges stating "Our system does not do that". She proceeded to process my credit card. I told her that it did not add (total charges) up to what I had reserved on Travelocity. She REFUSED to acknowledge my Travelocity printout. She would ONLY refer to her own print out w/ charges per night of $8.00 over what I had reserved w/ Travelocity. I REPEATEDLY and VERY NICELY asked her to just look at or refer or even acknowledge my reservation w/ Travelocity. She refused to do so! I ended up getting a credit back to cover the over charge. But, guess what, they send a slip w/ another charge to my card. Now I have 2 charges on my account that they refuse to take care of (at this point). Management was extremely rude (a Mr. Hanji I believe) He kept telling me that I would not listen to his staff! He even told me that after we had left he had even tried to talk to my minor daughter about this and she would not help him (she was there w/ her school via the bus) . Believe me, this will all be addressed as far as I can take it. Excuse me, who is the customer here. Of course I am not going to listen to someone who is trying to overcharge me. I am not a stupid person. Amazing how your the "one who doesn't listen" when you are trying to keep track of your money!! And, what kind of offense is it in California "when an adult tries to resolve a matter w/ a minor". It's not worth the stay here. There are plenty of other places. I knew you would get what you pay for (very small rooms, etc) but my daughter's team was staying there.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tammyslc
MicrotelDixon, Owner & Manager at Motel 6 Dixon, responded to this review, May 10, 2007
I would like to say my name is Jay Thakor and not Mr. Hanji.

The school that this guest was here with stays with us each year for the past 3 years without any problems...

The clerk tried to explain the rate charged to guest was averaged over a 4 night stay, but guest refused to even hear the clerk's responce...Guest was so outragious with lobby full of Guests having breakfast, she had the clerk crying...

THIS HOTEL WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP THE SCHOOL AS FREQUENT GUEST IF HOTEL STAFF/MGMT. ARE WHAT GUEST STATES IN THIS REVIEW.

My rudeness did come out when guest started implying racial and foul remarks.

Al I could say is We're in the
PEOPLE SERVICE BUSINES NOT OVER CHARGING THE GUEST BUSINESS.

Jay Thakor
Owner Operator
707-693-0606
San Francisco
Reviewed August 2, 2004

I've stayed at Microtels before, they're generally pretty comfortable. After getting called to work on some equipment in San Francisco (from Sacramento) at 2 in the morning I decided to stop and stay in Dixon (in between). The clerk was rude and obviously didn't want me to stay there, offering "you can get a room if you want but you'll just have to leave at 10:00 AM. I've never encountered a hotel that wouldn't let you stay 'til noon If you asked politely. He was simply rude and dismissive, so I drove another block to the 'Ma and Pa' best western, where I treated well and found a very comfortable room (and freshly baked cookies, too).

Maybe another time--- But then, why?

4 Thank SFRadio-Engineer
, Owner/ Manager at Motel 6 Dixon, responded to this review, February 10, 2005
I would like to take the time to apologise for the actions of the past owners and its staff....

As of December 16, 2004 We are the new owner and managers I would like to invite this guest for a complimentry stay to show the changes we have made and to give us an opertunity make this guest bad experiance correct. We also ask all of the other guests who need hotel accommodations
when traveling in this area to please give us a chance to serve you.

As the new Owner/Manager I can not change the past but make the future service is acceptable and pleasurable.

Thank you for taking the time to read this my comment. And travel safely.

Looking forward to here from the guest who had the bad experiance and all others.

Jay & Uma Thakor
Microtel Inn & Suites
Dixon, CA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
Hyatt Place UC Davis
Hyatt Place UC Davis
#1 of 11 in Davis
Quality Inn & Suites Vacaville
Days Inn Davis Near UC Davis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area
Hallmark Inn at UC Davis

Been to Motel 6 Dixon? Share your experiences!