“what can you say? food was fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
dixon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what can you say? food was fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2011

Me and my fiance eat out quite often and I must say the food here is fantastic! I love the carnitas and the tacos are fantastic too ...while eating there I have heard others rave about their mole .... i have not tried it yet myself but I guess i have heard 4 or 5 people say it is good so i guess it must be!

Besides great food the staff is super courteous and goes the extra mile to make you happy!

Facility is clean and the owner did a great job decorating, i understand he made everything himself! Very talented and he cooks too?? wow ... we have been back about 1-2 times a month since they opened! Its a great place! Looking for many years to come!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank cabarkeep

Dixon, California
“1st visit for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

I met my father for lunch here during the week and loved it. He was a big fan of the Maria's in Rio Vista and was happy to this place has the same owners. I got seated right away and got chips, salsa and my drink quickly. I waited about 10 mins for my Dad then we ordered. I got the steak taco salad and he got a shredded beef Super burrito. Mine was great but his was a bit cold so they took it back to heat it up for him. Overall the menu items offered were great, the prices are awesome and I look forward to visiting again and again. It is a bit small but the decor is original artwork done by one of the family members so that is a charming aspect of this new hot spot in Dixon.

• Visited February 2011
Northern California
“Nice Decor, Standard Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I came here for a lunch after a customer visit with a colleague from work. This restaurant is located in a shopping center right off the freeway, so parking and access is easy. The inside was well decorated for such a small restaurant. It really seemed like the decorator had an interest in art and was trying to make a beautiful place.

The hostess seated us immediately, offering us multiple tables. We were offered drinks right away and given menus. The hostess had to help our server a couple of times with the menu as he was not familiar with it. She offered some suggestions and chips/salsa was brought out as well. I really enjoyed the salsa as it was the perfect level of spicy for me.

The food took a little long to arrive, but we ordered tacos and they were good. This restaurant is great for a quick bite, but there aren't many tables. If it's busy, the staff might struggle since they seem a bit new. Overall, I was happy with the food, service and atmosphere. I'd go there again.

• Visited January 2011