“Tea Time Anyone?”

Linde Lane Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Dixon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Served English high tea in an elegant setting.
Davis, California
“Tea Time Anyone?”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Except for locals in this part of northern California, who would think that you could find an authentic and elegant afternoon tea restaurant in downtown Dixon, CA? Not I and was I surprised. First of all it is hard enough to find an English type tea house anywhere outside the environs of San Francisco, but this one is worth visiting. The owner has done a marvelous job of renovating an old firehouse into a marvelous restaurant with numerous theme rooms, but all part of a seamless interior. Beautifully furnished, decorated and adorned with various themed lighting to a large teacup with velvet tufted seating that accommodates four very comfortably. So much for the décor. What amazed me was the quality of the food served and the service. This is the real deal, an authentic tea service with an assortment of soups, mini sandwiches, canapés, muffins, scones and delightful spreads presented on silver tiered serving platters. This was as good as I have experienced in San Francisco and equal to what I have experienced in England, and in some cases even better. I highly recommend giving Linde Lane a try.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Dr-Zach

Orangevale, California
“Gem of a find!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My friend and I tried this tea room because I purchase a Groupon for the Royal High Tea for Two, and we will definitely be back! Impressive from the minute we walked in: divided into mini rooms, we first noticed a booth in a tea cup---wonderful. we were seated in the middle and had our own private chandelier and fireplace/delightful! The food was excellent, as were both of our teas (a Roibus Pear and Roibus cranberry-orange). To begin our dining experience, we were served a home-made raspberry sorbet...delish. Soup for today was a sausage gumbo with just the right amount of spice. the salad was plain but fresh and the blue cheese dressing was first-rate. The savories and sweets tray was as easy on the eyes as it was to our stomachs, tasty and satisfying. All in all, a great EVENT and pleasurable day. We'll return with family and friends. The decor/ambiance was fab and we were well-pleased.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank grampam916
Sacramento, California
“Extremely Disappointed”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My daughters and I love to try new tea rooms out. This tea room in Dixon got rave reviews for the most part here and on Tea Map. So we were excited to check it out even though it was an hour away. When we walked in we were pleasantly surprised by the decor. It was very, very nice and tasteful. We were promptly seated and our orders taken. When the salad and soup arrived I started to get nervous. The soup was called lentil soup and I had to poke around to find the five or six in my bowl. Basically it was very bland with suspicion that the ingredients had been poured out of a can. The salad was not all exciting. My tea I chose was excellent. Black Pecan Tart. My daughter's roiboos was not so great. Some pear flavor. Next came the savories. You got to be kidding. They put a thin layer of humus on a small slice of some round bread that they used for each sandwich. No variety in the bread. There was a chicken sandwich. No flavoring or additional ingredients at all. If there was, we couldn't detect any. The last sandwich was a cuke one with I believe a drizzle of dill sauce on it. Very uninspiring. They only offered one scone each. (Most tea rooms I go to offer two) It was plain jane. My daughter makes better ones than these. No lemon curd was offered and only a tiny ramekin of cream and jam came. Oh, forgot we also got three small cubes of bread, I think it was foccacia, to dip in a ramekin of cheese sauce. One container for both of us. Next the desserts. They were small round like cookies. So forgettable we wouldn't even finish them and we definitely didn't want to take them home. The last disappointment in food was when we realized that whoever made our teas left the bags in the pots so when we poured some at the end the tea was so bitter that we poured water in our tea cups to be able to drink it. The waitress was very nice and never was intrusive like some other comments. When she asked how we enjoyed our meal (obviously we left half the food) I said I was disappointed. She apologized and sent the manager(?) over. We explained how we felt and he said people drive for miles for their food. He said the food was made fresh on the premises that morning. I believe they were assembled that morning but they were more like store bought items, especially the desserts. Anyway, most restaurants will comp the price of some of the meal to make a customer happy. Not the case here. I seriously doubt we would ever come back. It's a shame because it is really a very charming setting.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SHERRYK327
California
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I happen to live in Dixon and have been lucky to have gone to Linde Lane five times since it opened. To be honest, I have only had high tea in two other places before and I am not an expert on tea.

I find that the experience is very fun. It is decorated so sweetly and I like all of the food, goodies and teas that they serve, (this is except for the Sheepherds pie which my group found to be a bit too greasy). The service is wonderful and it is just a lovely experience all around. It is truly the best place in Dixon and I am so happy that it is here.

Reservations required.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank DixonCalifornia
Orland, California
“Can't wait to go back.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We had purchased a groupon for the tea room, so we traveled the two hours to Dixon to give it a try. My daughter and I took my teenage nieces. The atmosphere was very welcoming; I especially loved the huge purple chandolier. Since it was our first trip, the waitress reviewed the menu with us. It was fun getting to check out the tea rack where you can smell the different tea leaves to pick out your favorite. I loved the apricot cinnamon. The food was served on assorted china patterns, which added to the fun. The scones with cream and jam were sumptious. There is also a small boutique with fun items (hats, aprons, jewelry, tea cups, etc.). Even the bathrooms were decorated. This would be a great place for a small get-together for a birthday or special occasion.

• Visited March 2012