“VERY good hidden gem!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Four of us had dinner at Bud's last Saturday night. We each had a different entree and we each loved our meal. The food and service were excellent! The restaurant is well-appointed and comfortable with old-fashion booths. Outside seating is an option. The menu is interesting with comfort food, as well as some high-end entrees such as their AMAZING rack of lamb. This is a hidden gem -- don't judge it by its outside appearance. Bud's is well-maintained and squeaky clean.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had business in Dixon late this morning and decided to try Bud's for a late breakfast/ early lunch. My wife had a BLT with Avocado and she loved it. I had Chicken Fried Steak and eggs. Mine was fine but after listening to a waitress speak to another customer it sounded like the Pork Chops and Eggs sounded like a hit. We'll be back and that will be my choice next time. Good service, good food. We'll be back.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had breakfast at Buds this morning. I ordered 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, and 2 sausage patties. I think the pancakes were made with cement mix. I picked one up to add butter and it was like a frisbee. I had asked the eggs be cooked over easy. No such luck. Hard as could be. I won't even comment on the sausage. Needless to say I won't be back. Maybe the cook was having a bad day.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant is not impressive from the outside. We only went because of friends living in the area. There are two entrances, one into the bar, the other into the restaurant. The restaurant is OK, but not impressive with the decor. However, service was very good and responsive. There is a reasonable, not impressive but reasonable wine list. There is also a full bar. The menu was quite extensive and somewhat creative. Dishes were fresh and well presented. It was quite good and much more impressive than we had thought from the outside. Give it a try.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We ate here a few nights before Christmas, on a cold and dreary night. The food was delicious! One person in our group had the Rack of Lamb, another Halibut with pineapple and mango salsa, and another two had assorted steaks. All the food was hot, and very flavorful. The service was excellent, although for a while we were the only customers in the restaurant area. The salads that came with the meal were large and had lots of veggies to add flavor. Taco soup was a choice from one of our party, they said it was delicious and not too spicy. We would definitely eat here again soon.

Been to Bud's Pub & Grill? Share your experiences!