“COCKROACHES !!!!!!!!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Dixon
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we read the reviews and it seemed like a nice place ! We were there from out of state for a funeral. The rooms seemed nice at check in, although we did notice that they were scrubbing the carpet in the elevator and the hotel smelled like pine-sol.
Upon getting ready to check out, I looked across the room on the floor and there was a LARGE COCKROACH crawling across the floor ! We turned the ice bucket upside down over the roach so it wouldnt move any further.
We went to the front desk and told them of the roach in out room. The guy at the desk was sorry and assured me the manager would call me that day, of course the manager never called, so I called the hotel 3 days in a row and left messages for the manager to call me and he never did.
When we got back home I called Choice Hotels to make a complaint, and they gaave the manager 72 hours to contact me ! Needless to say, he again did not bother to contact me !
What makes me so mad is the fact that the manager just ignors me like I do not exist ! I have pictures of the room with the cockroach and the room number that I will br glad to post !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless you like BUG SURPRISES !!!!!!!
Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbee D
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Great place to stay, access to gas station, food, shopping and more within walking distance. Great staff, clean place. I stay here about 2 times a month, its a good place. Breakfast is average to a bit above average for a Choice Hotel. Overal good safe place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Clean and spacious. The beds are very comfy. We had a micro and refrigerator. We will continue to keep going back here. This is only a short trip from Davis, and it is so much more reasonable than the hotels there, so we will always stay there when visiting family in Davis. Also rather nice that it is close to a WalMart...so we can pick up things we forgot to pack.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ctbs
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I recently helped arrange a memorial at the Veteran's cemetery in Dixon and we had everyone who was attending stay at the Comfort Suites.
The manager Raj and his staff were incredibly accommodating with everything we needed and helped with the whole event. We were able to arrange a group rate, rent their two conference rooms for our whole stay, order and coordinate catering with Raj and have everything go smoothly. Raj advised us on where to order our meals from, helped us set up, coordinate pickups, provided any utilities that the restaurants didn't and was incredibly helpful in general.
The rooms were very nice and spacious. We all had kings and the rooms had a slightly compartmentalized seating area that made them very comfortable.
We had a soon to be mother in our group and a family with an infant who were both very well taken care of; with Raj providing a full size travel crib for baby and an easily accessible lobby level room for the expecting family, that also welcomed their dog for the stay.
Over all it was a pleasure to stay here and we couldn't have found a more accommodating manager and team for the success of our event. Thank you Raj!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hannah B
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Make sure to arrive early for breakfast as they seemed to run out of food and seating. Rooms were nice and bed was comfortable. Close to Davis which is why we stayed here. Nothing really bad to say, but also nothing really good to say...mostly run of the mill.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank jsta1981
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My sister and I stayed here since it was not too far of a drive from Sacramento. We really loved the stay here. The room was quite large and the bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was very clean. Friendly staff. Free Wifi! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is a nice hotel. Good rate and comfortable rooms. The morning check out person needs to go to finishing school not the gym. Otherwise all was nice.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dixon
Hyatt Place UC Davis
#4 of 5 in Dixon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Davis
Aggie Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Davis - University Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dixon, CA - UC Davis Area? Share your experiences!