“Great menu and service”

Sports Bar & Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
“Great menu and service”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Our family likes to go to the sports bar for special occasions. The decor is classy and the environment is upscale for a sports bar. Service has always been great. Sometimes the quesadilla appetizer to share and a glass of wine works for dinner, but their menu is well rounded.

Discovery Bay, California
“Better than average.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I rated it average, because "Good" isnt a choice. The place is always busy...the food is good...the prices okay. Its a fun atmosphere in the bar area. Go with friends and have fun.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank CaptainStevers
Livermore, California
“This Sports Bar Has First Class Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I believe I have the honor to be the first to rate this restaurant on Tripadvisor, so I will do my best to hopefully give you an accurate assessment of my experiences there. I have had dinner here about a half dozen times or so, and have yet to be disappointed. The layout out of the place is very nice with a circular bar and plenty of plasma TV's to watch the latest sporing events. There are dining tables around the bar and also separate dining areas away from the bar for more intimate dinners. What I like is that this place attracts alot of Discovery Bay regular customers, so there is always activity and people chatting it up. All the bartenders are very friendly and commonly strike up some conversation with you, which is especially nice if you are out on the night solo.

Going back to my very first visit will lead me into telling you about the food. My wife and I found a few open seats at the bar near the waitress/server station area. I sat next to a well dressed gentleman that appeared to alone. He asked me if it was my first time there and I told him yes. He began telling me about the food quality, how they only accept the best cuts of meat and how the vegetables are carefully selected from local organic growers etc. Wait a minute, I thought, this guy knows an awful lot about this place? So I asked him, how do you know that most of the vegetables are organic? He said because I go to the farms and select them myself! So now I realize that I have been talking to the restaurant's owner, who basically treated me as someone he was genuinely interested in talking with about his business and what I thought about it! Wow what a pleasant change, since most of us never even see the owner, much less get a chance to talk with them. This guy is into quality of food, proper presentation, ambiance, and great customer service. He is present nearly everyday to assure everything is above par and it shows! I have had the steak dinner and the tender and juicy steak is as I have said to many friends, one of the best I have had in a restaurant. there is a full appetizer menu as well, try the Panko breaded calamari or the Dungeness Crab Cakes!

Well that's all for now, hope to see you soon at the Sportsbar & steakhouse!

• Visited June 2012